Thursday: March 4, 2010
- Twelve very creative home wallpapers for your viewing pleasure.
If pixelated wallpaper isn't your thing there are ton of other interesting designs listed over on the other side of the click. The color palette/wallpaper idea sounds like a fun weekend project as Home Depot sure doesn't seem to mind the taking of those free swatch colors (you may need multiple trips to get away with it though).
Thursday: February 4, 2010
- Forty-seven amazing CSS3 demonstrations for your viewing pleasure.
Wednesday: February 3, 2010
- A list of thirty-five web design mistakes you should try to avoid.
Are you an aspiring web designer? Thinking of making a name for yourself on the big world wide web? Then follow this well put together guide and you'll be on your way to web success in no time.
Friday: January 29, 2010
- The golden rules of site redesign as told by Some Random Dude.
A good read for my fellow webnerds out there that might be thinking and/or planning about a potential redesign. Be it for work or for personal use, this is a good starting point before you actually get started.
Wednesday: January 13, 2010
- Five branding basics that every logo designer should know about.
When Coca-Cola briefly changed their formula in 1985, people flipped over sabotaged history. Can you imagine their reaction if Coca-Cola changed their name to Sanscoca Fizzola? Exactly.
Wednesday: December 30, 2009
- Fifty useful design tools for beautiful web typography.
Another quality post from Smashing Magazine covering everything you could possibly need to know about how to make decent looking web typography. Post features a number of great online utilities you can use as well as some handy techniques. Happy fonting.
Tuesday: December 29, 2009
- Twelve unusual scarf designs for you to gawk at.
Posted mostly because of the biting cold that happened to have a direct effect on my morning New York City commute. While a typography-based scarf sounds cool in theory, in practice it probably wouldn't provide much warmth.
Monday: December 28, 2009
- Fifteen well-designed posters that happen to be about design.
Looking for a bit of design inspiration? Have a look at this gallery of design-centric posters about design (recursive post is vaguely trying to be recursive), print some out and hang them in your office or cubicle. Voila, instant inspiration.
Monday: December 21, 2009
- A list of the best and worst identities of the 2009 calendar year.
Only five months later Kraft Foods unveiled a revised logo that was supposed to be an improvement. You know the expression “Putting lipstick on a pig”? This is like switching the lipstick from the pig’s mouth to the pig’s you-know-what.
Wednesday: December 9, 2009
- Twenty-five awesome gift ideas for designers and developers.
Yes, I'll take any one or more of these fabulous gift ideas. Honestly, who wouldn't want a brand new MacBook Pro? So in closing, please send your charitable contribution gifts to me via overnight via FedEx, thanks. Merry Christmas.
Monday: December 7, 2009
- Reuters decides to give their website a complete facelift.
Although the source article is about the redesign itself, you can try out the brand new Reuters website design on their brand new website. Very clean and gives emphasis properly to what a news site is supposed to give emphasis to, the news. CNN, please study this.
Monday: November 23, 2009
- AOL trying out new look now that split from Time Warner is official.
Say goodbye to the that blue triangle you've grown so familiar with over the years. Say hello to various works of clipart instead... with the letters A O L (and don't forget the period) draped over them.
Thursday: November 19, 2009
- Smashing Magazine would like you to know that classic blog posts are boring.
A lof of valid points in this writeup along with some great examples of web designers who are pushing the envelope in this area. I'm loving the deviation from their normal layout just to push the article's main concept.
Monday: November 16, 2009
- Twenty brand new high quality free fonts just for you.
Need some new fonts for your design arsenal? Smashing Magazine is here to the recue to perk up your library. They encourage you to read up license agreements before using these fonts - just in case.
Friday: November 6, 2009
- A collection of the best free fonts of 2009 thus far.
Need some inspiration by way of lettering? These fonts are a great addition to any designer's arsenal of fonts. The fact that they are free is also good. I like free and I'm gueeing you will too.