Friday: July 18, 2014
- Turns out that one in four U.S. employees have no paid vacation time.
The United States is the only advanced economy with no guaranteed vacation time for workers, and most Americans aren't even aware that guaranteed time off is common elsewhere in the world. While the guaranteed number of days off for employees in the U.S. is zero, workers in the European Union get at least 20 days per year, not including public holidays.
Monday: November 14, 2011
- Five future technologies for passenger air travel presented by National Geographic.
What does the future hold for passenger air travel? National Geographic takes a look at some future technologies being developed right now. You just might be commuting at twice the speed of sound in a dart-like airplane and then arriving at the airport of the future. Do all airplanes of the future all have free in-flight wi-fi? That would be totally cool.
Thursday: August 11, 2011
- National Geographic has some stunning photos of New Zealand for your viewing pleasure.
Posting this here in case anyone needs some travel inspiration. Now I've never actually been to New Zealand but these pictures sure are pretty. Also, this destination would be a good trip for you die-hard Lord of the Rings fans out there (all of the movies were shot in New Zealand).
Friday: July 15, 2011
- National Geographic provides a top ten list for pretty much any travel idea.
Thinking of a planning a boat trip in Venice? Want to visit some famous boardwalks all across the United States? Whatever it is you happen to be looking for chances are you'll at least find a little travel inspiration with one these lists. Personally, I enjoy looking at some of these exotic beach locales (as evidenced by the chosen thumbnail).
Monday: July 11, 2011
- Thirteen of the world's greenest restaurants for you green foodie enthusiasts out there.
Leaving this here for those of you looking for some travel inspiration and/or food for thought (if any of these joints happen to be in your neighborhood). Unfortunatly the closest one to my neighborhood happens to be a couple states away over in Nebraska. Although if I had my way I'd probably pay a vist to the solar-powered Burger King for giggles.
Tuesday: April 13, 2010
- A collection of the world's greatest scenic drives courtesy of National Geographic.
National Geographic offers up roughly forty-eight ideas to maximize your next scenic drive experience for those so inclined. Of the forty-eight on this list I am proud to state that I can check off two (maybe three) items off of this list. Alright, maybe I'm not so proud - I need to get out more.
Monday: March 8, 2010
- JetBlue offering up ten dollar seats in celebration of ten years of flight service.
Have a need to travel in the immediate future or more importantly, the very immediate near future? Then this deal might have your name all over it. You can grab a ten buck seat to a choice of ten destinations but you'll have to book it for Tuesday or Wednesday (and while seats are still available). Happy jetting.
Thursday: February 18, 2010
- Shipping your luggage via FedEx much safer and cheaper for traveling. Who knew?
They have better delivery records than the airlines, they provide tracking numbers so you can follow your shipment online and they let you insure items that the airlines don’t, he says.
Monday: January 11, 2010
- Thirty-one places to go in 2010 according to the New York Times.
Need a little inspiration for your next vacation and/or leisure trip? The New York Times would like to help you with your predicament. Enjoy and happy future traveling.
Monday: January 4, 2010
- Ten amazing viewing platforms from all over the world for you to gawk at.
One of these years I'll get around to doing some form of a vacation/family trip that includes a 'skywalk' of some kind on the itinerary. My choices here seem to be limited to the Grand Canyon, Wisconsin, and Chicago. I'll let you all know how I make out.
Tuesday: December 8, 2009
- 101 things to see and do in New York City this Winter according to Timeout New York.
Give yourself the gift of crowd avoidance: During the week, the rink is significantly less packed, so play hooky and get your glide on. If you can’t cut out of work, haul out of bed on a weekend morning and beeline to 30 Rock; the rink opens at 8am.
Monday: December 7, 2009
- Virgin Galactic to pull the curtain back on long-awaited commercial spaceship.
The long-awaited glimpse of SpaceShipTwo, slated for rollout Monday in the Mojave Desert, could not come sooner for the scores of wannabe astronauts who have forked over part of their disposable income for the chance to float in zero gravity.
Thursday: November 19, 2009
- Ten of the coolest train stations around the world for your viewing pleasure.
The recently remodeled Southern Cross Station has a distinctive wavy roof that looks like a mix between metal ant hills and rolling waves. The roof is both distinctive and oddly beautiful, and even has the practical function of dispelling fumes from the tracks bellow.
Friday: November 13, 2009
- Seven over-the-top aquariums for you to gawk at.
Night vision goggles? A bathroom scale from a soviet sub? A suede briefcase case? A fish tank phone booth? Right, now I've seen everything.
Wednesday: November 4, 2009
- Five travel destinations to rediscover the golden age of piracy.
Avast ye bilge rat! Ye be looking for some new exotic locales to plunder for your next vacation? Yar, then look no further then these fine ports of call.