Wednesday: September 9, 2009
- Release date for next Final Fantasy game confirmed... in Japan only.
The game will hit stores overseas on December 17th. A version for the rest of us will be released Spring 2010.
Tuesday: September 8, 2009
- Yes, you can now emulate a Commodore 64 on your beloved iPhone.
...C64 emulator costs $4.99 and includes 5 games: Dragons Den, Le Mans, Jupiter Lander, Arctic Shipwreck, and Jack Attack. Additional separately sold game packs will be coming soon.
Update: Apple has pulled the app again yet again.
- A list of the top ten video games that nobody actually bought.
Pyschonauts makes it onto a list like this yet again. It's available on XBLA for those of you looking to give it a spin. Bonus: here's a great video review from Zero Punctuation sums up everything nicely.
- A video review of the soon to be released Beatles: Rock Band game.
I'm itching to try this game out, the visuals look fantastic. Apparently my Guitar Hero World Tour controller will work just fine for this game (which is nice).
Friday: September 4, 2009
- Some video games you can play that may help you relieve some unwanted stress.
I am a huge Peggle addict, there I admitted it. The iPhone version is a joy to play.
Wednesday: September 2, 2009
- Ars Technica reviews Guitar Hero 5.
It still seems a little inappropriate that Kurt Cobain is included as a playable character. And even more so after watching this YouTube clip. Wow.
- New study discovers that playing Tetris might be good for your brain.
...the brain used less energy when it worked on familiar processing patterns. The girls who played Tetris also had a thicker cortex, meaning the game play triggered a structural change in the brain beyond the areas that became more efficient.
Tuesday: September 1, 2009
- The Internet Channel for your beloved Wii is now available for free.
Nintendo is also going to compensate those who actually purchased this channel in the past. Now, please update the version of Flash that's bundled with it so I can watch Hulu.
- Yes, Grand Theft Auto will soon be available on your beloved iPhone.
...comes as a surprise, considering that the typical content featured in a Grand Theft Auto game has clashed with Apple's policies against adult-theme material finding its way to into the App Store.
- The Penny Arcade Expo is officially sold out of badges.
Wow, about 75,000 attendees are expected this year (up from 58,000 the year before).
Friday: August 28, 2009
- The top five video game franchises that need to go downloadable.
Author of this article makes some good points (especially in regards to the Tony Hawk series). The Beatles: Rock Band / Rock Band 2 interpolation would be nice but there might be a few licensing reasons why it was done that way.
- The five best video game console wars of recent history.
Relive the epic battles between Nintendo and Sony (and occasionally Sega). TO THE DEATH!
Thursday: August 27, 2009
- Microsoft decides to follow Sony's lead, drops price of Xbox 360.
The 'elite' version of the Xbox can now be all yours for just $299 starting on Friday.
- GameStop gearing up for digital distribution expansion?
This would make lot of sense given Amazon's recent forray into digital distribution of video games for certain major consoles.
Wednesday: August 26, 2009
- Testing video games can earn you a whopping nine dollars per hour.
Seems like the hours might be kind of brutal but at least you get overtime pay (if you're lucky).