Wednesday: October 7, 2009
- The top five reasons as to why you might be losing interest in video games.
Sixth point: the game you just bought at full price which did not live up to any of the hype could've been much cheaper to experience via rental.
- Nintendo has had enough price cuts for one year.
Oh well, theres always next year. In the meantime, Nintendo wants you to enjoy playing New Super Mario Bros and Zelda: Spirit Tracks. Have fun.
Tuesday: October 6, 2009
- David Bowie officially joins Rock Band lineup... in LEGO form.
Bowie will also be joined by a LEGO version of Iggy Pop. I'm still not understanding the whole Rock Band / LEGO connection. Perhaps the union is meant to function as a metaphor to emphasize the building blocks of music. Or maybe it's just cross-marketing gone berserk.
- Epic Mickey project confirmed via GameInformer November issue.
Could this be the Fantasia equivalent of a video game from Disney? GameInformer also has a video interview with designer Warren Spector and they promise more info is yet to come.
Friday: October 2, 2009
- The truth behind ten great video game myths.
No, you really can't revive Aeris after Sephiroth takes her out in Final Fantasy VII.
Wednesday: September 30, 2009
- Zork reimagined as a rock opera.
The maze is twisty and you are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Tuesday: September 29, 2009
- Third chapter from Tales of Monkey Island now available for download.
The most evil-looking doorstop you've ever encountered is back. Some of the reviews I've read go as far to say that Murray even steals the game. Just who is Murray you ask? Beware the clicking madibles of doom!
- Square Enix would really like to sell a lot of Final Fantasy XIII games.
To be a little more precise, they would really like to sell over six million copies of Final Fantasy XIII worldwide. Of those six million copies, one of which will probably end up in my living room.... when it comes to Xbox 360... in 2010.
Monday: September 28, 2009
- IGN gets a sneak peek at the next chapter from Tales of Monkey Island.
Be warned, there are some minor spoilers in the video. So if you don't want to know about a certain demonic talking skull's reappearance in the series then click somewhere else. Oops - ruined it, didn't I?
Friday: September 25, 2009
- Want to know why new video games cost sixty bucks these days?
I remember when that magic price point way back when (classic NES days) was just a mere forty dollars. Sixty is the new forty for this generation, unless your semi-intelligent and buy used (or rent).
- Misplaced video game bosses through the misplaced eye of Photoshop.
Video game nerds will appreciate this collection. Happy Photoshop Friday to all.
Thursday: September 24, 2009
- New Super Mario Brothers game for the Wii to be available on November 15th.
Fresh off the heels of the Wii price cut, Nintendo would like you to know that classic Mario side-scrolling fun can be all yours this holiday season. Trailer is on source article after the click.
- A brand new Nintendo Wii can now be yours for just $199.
The Nintendo announcements echoes moves by Sony and Microsoft, who have slashed the cost of the PlayStation 3 (PS3) and Xbox 360 as the countdown to Christmas shopping begins.
- Microsoft would like you to know that they are not buying Electronic Arts.
'We have no plans to acquire EA,' Phil Spencer, corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios, told Reuters in an interview on Thursday. 'They remain a very important partner to us. No acquisitions.'
Tuesday: September 22, 2009
- Sales numbers from latest Batman video game show that it's still doing quite well.
The game has shipped over 2.5 million units to retail since it launched. Good job, Batsy.