Monday: September 21, 2009
- A video gallery of Internet memes that made their way into Scribblenauts.
Keyboard cat and Rick Astley both make guest appearances. Yea, I'll be adding this one to my Christmas list this year.
- President of Square Enix predicts brand new Nintendo Wii by 2011.
Mr Wada expected Nintendo to release a new Wii by 2011, with functionality more like that of Microsoft’s Xbox 360 or Sony’s PlayStation 3, and possibly a different controller.
Friday: September 18, 2009
- Telltale giving away first episode of Tales of Monkey Island on Saturday.
What better way to celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day than with an added dose of Monkey Island. 'Launch of the Screaming Narwhal' can be yours at midnight tonight for free. There is also a deal on the full series as well (five bucks off). I heart Telltale.
Thursday: September 17, 2009
- Some concept art for next episode of Tales of Monkey Island emerges online.
That's one big manatee. Also of note, the next episode of the series titled 'Lair of the Leviathan' is scheduled to arrive on September 29th. Here's to hoping that we'll see the triumphant return of Murray the Demonic Talking Skull.
Enjoy the emulator while you can because Nintendo probably isn't going to be a fan of this little baby. Anyone know if this works on the Wii's Internet Channel? That would be like something out of The Twilight Zone.
- Viacom would like you to know that Beatles: Rock Band exceeding their expectations.
What's actually a surprise from an IndustryGamers report on the matter is that even in our crummy economy, it's the $250 version of the game -- bundled with all the instruments -- that's performing so well that Dauman says he expects a sellout by November.
Wednesday: September 16, 2009
- Watch the first five minutes of Tim Schafer's Brutal Legend.
Yep, I'll be buying this (as if I had any hesitation before-hand anyway). Also of note for those still on the fence, demo version comes out on Xbox 360 and PS3 tomorrow.
Tuesday: September 15, 2009
- Activision thinking of untethering Guitar Hero from the major consoles?
'I think what the untethered Guitar Hero does is it maybe equals the playing field a little bit more and gives you leverage with first parties on downloadable content and the business model,' says Kotick in the IGN piece.
- Wii price drop accidentally announced via upcoming Toys R Us ad?
According to the leaked flyer, the Nintendo Wii can be all yours for just $199 starting on September 27th.
Monday: September 14, 2009
- Six video games that could have benefited from including fighting.
I want to see Hetfield kicks Lars' ass, something which I'm pretty sure has happened about one billion times. ACTIVISION: PUT IT IN THE GAME.
- Ten things to do with your Xbox if you happen to get RROD'd.
5. Paint both sides of the console different colors and hang it from the ceiling as a mural. - Use reinforced rope.
- LucasArts pulls the curtain back on new puzzle game.
An interesting looking puzzle/platformer coming to XBLA and PC this October. Have a look at some gameplay footage that was recently posted. It's so nice to see LucasArts churning out games that are not entirely Star Wars related.
Friday: September 11, 2009
- Toys R Us now accepting video game trade-ins nationwide.
Wow, they'll even accept trade-ins for your old Atari 2600 and Intellivion systems. So long, Pole Position!
- Sony PlayStation 3 sales doing quite well after latest price drop.
Sales of PS3 hardware at its 'top retailers' jumped 300% for the first week of September versus the week before the system's price was cut to $299 for the 120GB 'slim' unit.
Thursday: September 10, 2009
- Courtney Love suing Activision over Kurt Cobain's appearance in Guitar Hero 5.
This probably stems from Cobain singing songs by other licensed artists in the Guitar Hero 5 game, something that in no way seems like something he would want to be a part of, if alive today.