Wednesday: June 17, 2009
- Yuppie Larvae (Torment Part 2)
In honor of the recent Ghostbuster franchise revival stuff going around.
Wednesday: July 6, 2011
- And we're back... sort of.
Hey folks! It's been awhile hasn't it! Anyone still out there? Really? That's great! So how have you been this past year? That's great! Did you achieve all of the goals you had in mind from July 7th, 2010 until now July 6th, 2011? That's great! Did you get...
Posted to Verbose filed in GeekLikeMe / Site Related @ 2:11 PM | Tags (12) | 2010 | 2011 | dead | design | dust | etc | geeklikeme | glm | goals | issues | redesign | verbose | | Discuss (4) | Share | facebook | twitter | 12 Clicks | Posted by Vin
Wednesday: July 7, 2010
- State of the GLM: Yes, I'm still here. No, I'm not dead.
You may have noticed that GLM has gone rather quiet for the past two-three months or so in terms of any and all content on the site. This post serves as a status update to alleviate any fears that GeekLikeMe is gone for good. Quite the contrary my dear...
Posted to Verbose filed in GeekLikeMe / Site Related @ 10:20 AM | Tags (12) | archive | geeklikeme | glm | machine | minimal | minimalist | parenthood | redesign | state | verbose | wayback | work | | Discuss (4) | Share | facebook | twitter | 63 Clicks | Posted by Vin
Thursday: April 15, 2010
- Daily Grind: Caffeinated
Name: Vin (aka hyper-hypo)
How Vin feels today: Caffeinated @ 12:51:25 PM
What Vin really wants today: To remind self the next time I order a medium coffee at the local coffee shop that its quite large rather than medium. Enjoy unnecessary caffeine boost, attempt to post additional links to make up for yesterday.
Music Stuck in Head: Big Bang Baby / Stone Temple Pilots
Any song that mentions Orange Crush in the lyrics is OK in my book. And by book I really mean magazine. And by magazine I really mean pamphlet. And by pamphlet I mean - whatever, the list is short.
Stuff to do today:
- Go to Apple Cube over on Fifth Ave
- Remark that overall feeling and general consensus of the iPad was... underwhelming
- ...its kinda heavy for everyday use - especially as an e-reader
- ...typing on the device is not exactly a joy either
- Interface was pretty neat but if you have an iPhone you've been there
- On the other hand, that newly updated MacBook Pro is quite awesome
- ...and freakin' fast (even the base Intel i5 model screams)
- Save money for next major purchase
Posted to Daily Grind filed in GeekLikeMe / Site Related @ 1:51 PM | Tags (9) | apple | caffeine | coffee | dailygrind | geeklikeme | glm | ipad | macbooks | purchases | | Discuss (0) | Share | facebook | twitter | 2 Clicks | Posted by Vin
Wednesday: March 24, 2010
- Daily Grind: Picky
Name: Vin (aka mr. critical)
How Vin feels today: Picky @ 3:08:46 PM
What Vin really wants today: Continue nit-picking at certain designs and also learning all about the wonders of objective-c coupled with Cocoa Touch as I attempt to publish some kind of iPhone app... hopefully this year.
Music Stuck in Head: Imogene / God Street Wine
The trend continues yet again. Also doesn't help that I'm building an archival site centered around the very same musical group at the very same time.
Stuff to do today:
- See if that Tron DVD has finally arrived from Netflix
- Proceed to introduce said Tron movie to other half who has never actually seen it
- Brace self for nerdy onslaughts
- Find more time to play Final Fantasy XIII
- My take so far? Quite boring
- ...and this review sums it up quite perfectly
- Find more time to continue plugging away at iPhone app
- Find more time to continue that other archive-based project
- Find more time in general
Posted to Daily Grind filed in GeekLikeMe / Site Related @ 4:08 PM | Tags (7) | app | dailygrind | geeklikeme | glm | gsw | iphone | publish | | Discuss (2) | Share | facebook | twitter | 4 Clicks | Posted by Vin
Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- Daily Grind: Nerdy
Name: Vin (aka levelup+1)
How Vin feels today: Nerdy @ 2:55:41 PM
What Vin really wants today: Finish up remaining work tasks and attempt to get some time in playing a certain RPG video game that sounds vaguely similar to 'Shminal Shmantasy' at some point this evening. Insert traditional battle victory theme here.
Music Stuck in Head: Call it Love / God Street Wine
Continuing the celebration of the recently announced GSW reunion. You can have a listen to this rare jazzy track over on archive.org.
Stuff to do today:
- Purchase Final Fantasy XIII from semi-local NYC area Best Buy
- Semi-local = four subway stops from work location (meh)
- Ignore reviews complaining about PS3 versus Xbox 360 quality
- Finally post new photo to photoblog
Posted to Daily Grind filed in GeekLikeMe / Site Related @ 3:55 PM | Tags (9) | bestbuy | dailygrind | finalfantasy | glm | godstreetwine | gsw | music | rpg | xbox | | Discuss (0) | Share | facebook | twitter | 3 Clicks | Posted by Vin
Monday: March 8, 2010
- Daily Grind: Fantastic
Name: Vin (aka hat tipper)
How Vin feels today: Fantastic @ 2:11:12 PM
What Vin really wants today: To continue absorption of certain programming material for a certain mobile platform in a certain amount of uncertain time.
Music Stuck in Head: Electrocute / God Street Wine
Mostly in honor of the recent God Street Wine reunion announcement that was just recently posted. Must. Contain. Excitement. Link here for those interested.
Stuff to do today:
- Continue containing excitement
- Attempt to purchase tickets to said reunion shows first
- Seems like it's a good week to be a fan of jambands past and present
- And by 'present' meaning this little Phish link that popped up this week
- Attend movie in full-on Avatar costume for giggles (since it will most likely be in 3D and all)
- Ben Stiller FTW - abandon previous to-do item
- Get back to iPhone development
Posted to Daily Grind filed in GeekLikeMe / Site Related @ 3:11 PM | Tags (13) | avatar | benstiller | dailygrind | geeklikeme | glm | godstreetwine | gsw | iphone | jambands | music | newyorkcity | nyc | phish | | Discuss (0) | Share | facebook | twitter | 2 Clicks | Posted by Vin
Thursday: March 4, 2010
- Daily Grind: Crazed
Name: Vin (aka robot on the rampage)
How Vin feels today: Crazed @ 2:57:12 PM
What Vin really wants today: To note disappointment in lame attempt to get back on track with consistent daily grind posts. No sleep and no sleep makes Vincent something something.
Music Stuck in Head: Cheap Utah Blues / God Street Wine
This absolutely made my day yesterday. I discovered a page on archive.org that had rare and unreleased tracks from one my favorite (and for the most part generally unknown) bands. Here is a link to said tracks for those who care.
Stuff to do today:
- Research more methods on how to obtain sleep whilst parenting a child that does not like to sleep
- Commit to aggresive napping during strategic parts of the day
- Strategy is dumb and may lead to eventual work dismissal
- Continue researching new methods of data capture via strategically placed web tracking bus
- Translation: reverse engineer Google Analytics code snippet for fun
- More sleep is required to pull this one off
Posted to Daily Grind filed in GeekLikeMe / Site Related @ 3:57 PM | Tags (7) | . work | crazed | dailygrind | geeklikeme | glm | robot | sleep | | Discuss (0) | Share | facebook | twitter | 1 Click | Posted by Vin
Monday: March 1, 2010
- Daily Grind: Motivated
Name: Vin (aka springy)
How Vin feels today: Motivated @ 8:55:44 AM
What Vin really wants today: To welcome everyone back into the world of daily grind posting after taking an entire month and a half off. What can I say, it's been a crazy past 45-50 days or so.
Music Stuck in Head: New York City Traffic
Recently I've taken a break from listening to music on my morning commute into the city. These days I'm all about playing Scramble (free app) on the good old iPhone. Passes the time quite nicely.
Stuff to do today:
- Attempt to post new photo to photoblog at some point today
- Continue achievement hunting through Ghostbusters: The Video Game for Xbox 360
- Some of these achievements are just ridiculous
- Mini review of game: mildly enjoyable, lots of wasted potential, flat voice acting (looking at you Bill Murray)
- Find time to watch Termination: Salvation
- Mini review of movie: wasn't all that bad, quite predictable but not overly terrible
Posted to Daily Grind filed in GeekLikeMe / Site Related @ 9:55 AM | Tags (10) | dailygrind | glm | march | creative | design | movies | terminator | tron | ghostbusters | gaming | | Discuss (0) | Share | facebook | twitter | 1 Click | Posted by Vin
Thursday: February 25, 2010
- Six fantastical theme park rides that have unfortunately been lost to history.
If you absolutely must ride this, it's still open at Universal Studios Japan in Osaka. Doc Brown will likely be screaming at you in Japanese, but it's the pilgrimage that counts.
Posted to Weekdaily filed in Fun @ 1:39 PM | Tags (10) | themepark | rides | amusement | fantastical | docbrown | backtothefuture | ghostbusters | startrek | io9 | attractions | | Discuss (0) | Share | facebook | twitter | 41 Clicks | Posted by Vin
Wednesday: February 24, 2010
- Ghostbusters fan converts Wiimote into mock proton pack. Egon would be so proud.
I haven't actually tried the Wii version of the Ghostbusters video game but I just recently finished playing through it on the Xbox 360. Overall, I give the game a C+/B- as it was enjoyable but had the potential to be so much more. Maybe this modification was missing link from the equation (but probably not).
Posted to Weekdaily filed in Video Games @ 6:47 AM | Tags (7) | gaming | ghostbusters | mod | nintendo | videogames | wii | wiimote | | Discuss (0) | Share | facebook | twitter | 12 Clicks | Posted by Vin