Thursday: August 11, 2011
- Begone memory leaks! Firefox 7 will reportedly use up to fifty percent less memory.
If you leave Firefox running for any length of time its memory footprint seems to keep increasing. This can escalate to the point where it stops responding and there’s nothing to do but restart the browser. Personally, I’ve seen this problem have less of an impact during my daily usage since moving to Firefox 5, but it’s still there. Mozilla knows this problem exists and aims to fix it. By the time we see Firefox 7 available for download it will use as much as 50% less memory than any version that has gone before, as well as having those problematic memory leaks fixed.
Tuesday: May 11, 2010
- FYI, Windows 7 'compatibility checker' currently masquerading as trojan horse virus.
Once a victim has installed the software, criminals can pretty much do whatever they want on the PC, Cosoi said. That could mean installing a keylogger to steal banking credentials or even gaining full access to the hacked system.
Tuesday: January 26, 2010
- FAA would like to make sure that next generation 747 is hack-proof.
Essentially, the FAA seemed worried that the 747-8 will be vulnerable to outside access and that the 'applicable airworthiness regulations do not contain adequate or appropriate safety standards for these design features,' mandating the issuing of the special conditions.
Tuesday: December 22, 2009
- Ten things Microsoft managed to do right in 2009.
Microsoft didn't have all that bad of a year all things considered. But don't get too excited, BetaNews has also compiled a list of everything that Microsoft did wrong in 2009 as well.
Friday: November 20, 2009
- Steve Ballmer quite pleased with how Windows 7 turned out.
Ballmer told the Microsoft Annual Shareholder Meeting that Windows 7 has been outselling previous versions of Windows, including Windows Vista, by a ratio of two to one. While Ballmer declined to give exact sales numbers he said that the sales were fantastic.
Wednesday: October 28, 2009
- Add some multitouch to your new Windows 7 installation with this Dell monitor.
Just remember to lower your arms every once in a while, lest you get sore arms from simply browsing your adult media collection.
Thursday: October 22, 2009
- Windows 7 more popular than Harry Potter in regards to pre-order sales.
The OS immediately put Windows Vista to shame, selling more copies on Amazon in its first eight hours than Vista did in its entire pre-order period. In the last three months, the only currently available products to beat Windows 7 were Dan Brown novels.
Wednesday: October 21, 2009
- The top eleven features you probably won't find in Windows 7.
7. Personal apology from Bill Gates for Windows ME, Vista and IE 6.
Wednesday: October 14, 2009
- A list of CSS differences found in different versions of Internet Explorer.
In a nutshell, Internet Explorer 6 is a big steaming pile of 'not supported' while Internet Explorer 7 trails slightly behind. Version 8 seems to finally be on the right track.
Thursday: October 8, 2009
- New study shows that Windows 7 doesn't boot up faster than Vista.
...a three-month-old machine can take up to a minute longer to boot, or 2 minutes and 34 seconds. Windows 7 did outperform Vista at the three-month and six-month marks but it generally 'trailed the older version significantly' in its boot-up tests.
Thursday: September 17, 2009
- Five things to hate about HDTV according to MSNBC.
MSNBC doesn't care for black bars. Or television stations that don't broadcast correctly. Or overpriced HDMI cables. Or the messy artform that is color calibration. I don't like them either.
Friday: September 11, 2009
- Microsoft's new ad for Windows 7 comes with a whole lot of happy.
The ad features a pig, a unicorn, a cat and a mouse. I'm a PC! Take that, Apple!
Wednesday: September 9, 2009
- Ten things you should know regarding moving from Windows XP to Windows 7.
A good guide for those thinking about making the big jump. Backup everything beforehand and then proceed to pray.
Monday: August 31, 2009
- You'll be seeing a lot more of The Beatles at certain stores in the coming weeks.
It will be hard to miss the push this fall as Restoration Hardware, Starbucks, Whole Foods, Ralph’s, Pathmark, 7-Eleven and Blockbuster all promote the CD collection.
Monday: August 24, 2009
- The top ten tips that working developers should know about Windows 7.
Article contains lots of useful links and resources. Now get to coding.