Tuesday: December 11, 2012
- New trailer for Disney's The Lone Ranger surfaces online.
There is something very wrong with that horse.
Sunday: December 9, 2012
- Telltale's episodic adapation of The Walking Dead wins Game of the Year award.
If you haven't played any games from Telltale now would be a good time to start. I've been a big fan of Telltale early on as they managed to take some classic yet seemingly abandoned LucasArts franchises (Sam and Max, Monkey Island) and restore them with new storylines and fun adventures. That being said, I've heard wonderful things about their latest offering with Kirkman's series and how it takes adventure gaming to an entirely different level. Truth be told, I haven't tried out The Walking Dead yet but I plan to in the near future. Congratulations to the entire Telltale Games team!
Thursday: March 4, 2010
- Latest MacHeist bundle brings cheap software and adventure gaming to your Mac.
The fact that the recently released Mac version of Tales of Monkey Island is included in this bundle makes the entire deal worthwhile (assuming the number of purchases surpasses 50,000 - it probably will). The entire bundle will set you back just twenty bucks and you'll end up with some other neat apps as well.
Monday: March 1, 2010
- Activision shuts down non-commercial fan-made King's Quest episodic series.
After talks and negotiations in the last few months between ourselves and Activision, they have reached the decision that they are not interested in granting a non-commercial license to The Silver Lining, and have asked that we cease production and take down all related materials on our website.
Friday: February 12, 2010
- Tales of Monkey Island now available for Mac users.
Telltale has pulled the curtain back on their 'Mac Revolution'. They are allowing fans to vote on which title will be available for the platform next. This is great news as there is now one less reason I have to use Boot Camp or Parallels on my beloved MacBook.
Friday: January 29, 2010
- Telltale might be porting all of their games over to the Mac in the near future.
This is great news for Mac users if this turns out to be true. It's a little annoying to switch over to my Windows partition just to enjoy these games. There are also rumors that we may see Telltale on the iPad as well.
Wednesday: December 9, 2009
- Tales of Monkey Island finale now available for purchase online.
I'm quite anxious to get my hands on this and play it out just to see how the season ends. Telltale has done a fantastic job with the previous four episodes (especially chapter three - my personal favorite).
Thursday: November 19, 2009
- Season finale from Tales of Monkey Island to be available on December 8th.
You can now purchase each previous episode individually over at Telltale's website. Telltale has done a fantastic job bringing the Monkey Island series back to life, heres to hoping they continue on with a second season.
Wednesday: November 4, 2009
- Telltale giving away free episode of Wallace & Gromit through November 9th.
You too can celebrate twenty years of Wallace and Gromit by playing a video game starring Wallace and Gromit. They've also discounted the full season to just twenty bucks. Cracking toast, Gromit!
Friday: October 30, 2009
- Fourth episode from Tales of Monkey Island series due out today.
Handed over to De Singe by the backstabbing Morgan LeFlay, Guybrush is seized by an angry mob and put on trial! With a silk-tongued prosecutor in his face and a hangman's noose dangling over his neck, Guybrush must figure out how to defend himself against grave accusations.
Tuesday: September 29, 2009
- Third chapter from Tales of Monkey Island now available for download.
The most evil-looking doorstop you've ever encountered is back. Some of the reviews I've read go as far to say that Murray even steals the game. Just who is Murray you ask? Beware the clicking madibles of doom!
Monday: September 28, 2009
- IGN gets a sneak peek at the next chapter from Tales of Monkey Island.
Be warned, there are some minor spoilers in the video. So if you don't want to know about a certain demonic talking skull's reappearance in the series then click somewhere else. Oops - ruined it, didn't I?
Friday: September 18, 2009
- Telltale giving away first episode of Tales of Monkey Island on Saturday.
What better way to celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day than with an added dose of Monkey Island. 'Launch of the Screaming Narwhal' can be yours at midnight tonight for free. There is also a deal on the full series as well (five bucks off). I heart Telltale.
Friday: July 24, 2009
- Some of Sierra's classic adventure games now available on Steam.
...but where is Leisuire Suit Larry or Police Quest? Boo.
Thursday: July 23, 2009
- Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition officially available for iPhone.
The onslaught of Monkey Island can not be stopped! Now just bring Tales over to XBLA and I'm all set.