Tuesday: December 18, 2012
- Panic takes a look at the magic behind the album art color schemes in iTunes 11.
If you've used iTunes 11 you may have noticed the adaptive colors used in some of your favorite albums. Apple could have just displayed a thumbnail and used the same colors for text everywhere but instead chose to theme each album to go along with it's individual art. This kind of little touch is really what has always se Apple apart from the rest. The good folks at Panic delve into the kind of programming and logic that may have gone into this kind of display paradigm. It's a great read even if you aren't a developer but its an even greater read if you because they include sample code.
Thursday: April 15, 2010
- Ten things that the Internet has ruined along with five things it has yet to ruin.
Good spelling is just one of the many casualties on this list that you'll come to discover on the other side of the click. Yes, the Interwebs have brought about some miraculous ruinings in it's short time on this planet.
Friday: December 11, 2009
- Apple offers up a free holiday sampler in the iTunes Store just for you.
'Sampler' in my opinion, is the wrong word in this case as Apple is essentially giving away TWENTY tracks of free holiday music. Head on over to iTunes and snatch this up while it's still available. You'll get to hear Weezer do a rocking rendition of 'We Wish You a Merry Christmas'.
Monday: December 7, 2009
- You can now preview entire albums in the iTunes Store with just one click.
A neat little feature that will spin through the previews for entire albums rather than having to go through track by track which is certainly a time-saver. Apparently Amazon's MP3 service has had this feature for quite some time.
Wednesday: August 19, 2009
- The twenty worst album titles of 2009 thus far.
Bravo, Willie Nelson. Bravo.
Thursday: August 13, 2009
- Beatles: Rock Band to get more DLC content sometime after official release.
Basically, the DLC content will fill in holes to make complete albums of the included songs. You can still play Octopus's Garden as much as you like.