Wednesday: November 25, 2009
- The ten best celebrity computer advertisements of the eighties.
Yes, that would be Jack Black expressing his extreme excitement regarding the fast-paced action/adventure game that was Pitfall for the Atari. Nice hat, too.
Monday: November 23, 2009
- An original Apple-I computer will set you back just fifty grand.
By today's standards it looks downright primitive. But Jesse Sackman knows it's also a collectors item and he wants $50,000 for his model on eBay. 'It's a museum piece and in demand all over the world,' said Sackman.
Thursday: November 19, 2009
- Apple's unannounced tablet might come in two different flavors.
...Apple's two tablet PC models - one of which will have a 10.6-inch TFT LCD panel while the other will have a 9.7-inch OLED panel. However, the sources did not explain how production for the two models would be split between the three makers.
Monday: November 16, 2009
- Latest Palm WebOS update doesn't attempt any shifty iTunes syncing.
The free update weighs in at 126MB and brings with it dozens of tiny tweaks that improve the Palm experience. But if you were waiting for the resurrection of the Palm iTunes sync, you're out of luck: WebOS 1.3.1 does no such thing.
- Apple deals another legal blow to Mac clone manufacturer, Psystar.
Judge William Alsup's court of Northern California ruled in Apple's favour on all counts. Psystar is now likely to face claims for damages from Steve Jobs. Psystar is attempting a parallel defence in Florida, where the firm is based.
Thursday: November 12, 2009
- Developer behind popular iPhone app for Facebook has had it with Apple, calls it quits.
...I am philosophically opposed to the existence of their review process. I am very concerned that they are setting a horrible precedent for other software platforms, and soon gatekeepers will start infesting the lives of every software developer.
- Apple releases update to Safari browser to fix some security issues.
Along with some patches to fix certain vulnerabilities, the update contains some bits of code to make your beloved copy of Safari more stable as well.
Wednesday: November 11, 2009
- Apple drops support for Atom processors in latest Mac OS X software update.
Thinking of purchasing a Dell Mini laptop with the sole purpose of putting Mac OS X on it? Apple would prefer it if you just bought a laptop from them instead. Now pony up.
Friday: November 6, 2009
- Steve Jobs is Fortune's CEO of the decade.
Fortune has an entire section dedicated to the almighty Steve which includes quotes from other famous CEOs as well as some rarely seen photos. Congrats Steve. Now, where is my Apple tablet?
Wednesday: November 4, 2009
- Next Apple software update may break a lot of unauthorized installations of Mac OS X.
If you've recently installed Mac OS X on your beloved Dell Mini 9 you may want to hold off from applying the next software update that Apple puts out. Possibly for a long, long time.
- Thirteen of the most overpriced iPhone apps currently available on the app store.
Yes folks, there is actually an app that can set you back $1,000 at this very moment. On the plus side, if you have the money to burn you'll be awarded with some kind of digital VIP status for bars and night clubs. Whoopie.
Tuesday: November 3, 2009
- Apple trying to pitch iTunes subscriptions to television networks.
...Apple is pitching a monthly subscription service to the TV networks, an iTunes-based alternative to cable packages that would cost about $30 per month.
Friday: October 30, 2009
- Five smart playlists to help you manage your iTunes library.
Some good suggestions from the folks at TUAW for making the most out of of your iTunes library utilizing smart playlists. Here's an additional one from yours truly: One Play Wonders - rating is in the range of 3 stars to 5 stars while the play count is just 1. Enjoy.
- Twelve things you need to know about the recently released Apple TV 3.0.
Everything you really need to know about Apple's expensive music store / television gateway device. Hey, have you downloaded one of those fancy new iTunes LPs yet? Apparently they work great on this little device.
Wednesday: October 28, 2009
- Expect to see some more iPhone applications from Disney.
...it will offer users of the popular Apple Inc devices items like the new 'Click2Life' feature that lets fans take pictures of images from the Disney.com Web site, and eventually in the physical world, and unlock exclusive content.