Wednesday: July 22, 2009
- Asia gobbled up by darkness thanks to recent total eclipse.
Total eclipses occur about twice a year as the moon passes between the Earth and the sun on the same plane as Earth's orbit. Wednesday's event will be the longest of the 21st century, with astronomers predicting it will last more than six minutes.
Monday: July 20, 2009
- Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition for iPhone accidentally confirmed via Google.
Not a real shocker (LucasArts did drop a couple hints via Twitter) but good news nonetheless.
Wednesday: July 15, 2009
- Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition now available on Xbox Live.
One the most beloved classic adventure games ever to grace a computer screen now available in glorious HD. Welcome back, Guybrush. Help GLM get written into Telltale's version of the game by clicking here!
Friday: July 10, 2009
- FYI, tomorrow is free Slurpee day at participating 7-Elevens.
Article also contains some fun Slurpee facts you may not have previously known about.
- A handy list of the healthiest foods on Earth just for you.
- Netflix and Sony team up to stream movies to Bravia television owners.
But what about that certain other particular Sony device that people seem to use a lot?
Wednesday: July 8, 2009
- A collection of absurd escapes from mortal danger in the world of G.I. Joe.
Through a combination of terrible aim, superhuman jumping ability, and impossibly reliable parachutes, every combatant escaped even the most dire of situations without so much as the angle of his beret askew.
Tuesday: July 7, 2009
- Have a peek at the latest additions to the UN Heritage list of world wonders.
Article has a link back to last year's additions as well.
Monday: July 6, 2009
- LucasArts teams up with Steam to release back-catalog of classic adventure games.
This series of launches continues LucasArts’ new mission to revitalize its deep portfolio of beloved gaming franchises.
- Some rare photos from past and present of the newly re-opened Statue of Liberty.
'Hey, how many of you people out here are a national monument, raise your hand, please? Oh, hello, miss!'
- Daily Grind: Rested
Name: Vin (aka kevin)
How Vin feels today: Rested @ 9:40:00 AM
What Vin really wants today: To enjoy this nice laid-back feeling for as long as possible.
Music Stuck in Head: Nothing Too Tough / The Backyardigans
The in-car music of choice for the little ones. Multiple times. Every car ride.
Stuff to do today:
- Note that that the latest Pixar offering, UP, was quite enjoyable
- Note that the Disney 3D experience is not all that it's cracked up to be
- ...the effects were kind of neat but overall it kind of degraded the overall definition of the movie
- Stop being such a movie experience nerd
- Speaking of Disney, read up some more technical explanation regarding the monorail crash
- Wait patiently to see what LucasArts has in store today for this 'special announcement' they teased all weekend on Twitter
- My guess is still Grim Fandango
Thursday: July 2, 2009
- The ten best uses of classical music in classic cartoons.
Includes video references for your viewing pleasure.
- Five climate studies that don't actually live up to their hype.
...many news stories prematurely attribute local or regional phenomena to climate change. This can lead to the dissemination of vague, out-of-context or flat-wrong information to the public.
Tuesday: June 30, 2009
- Most complete map of Earth to date officially published.
The images were taken by Japan's Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer (Aster) aboard the Terra satellite. The resulting Global Digital Elevation Map covers 99% of the Earth's surface, and will be free to download and use.