Wednesday: March 24, 2010
- Unique ways in which to hide an elephant through the sneaky eye of Photoshop.
Remember that Loony Tunes episode where everyone sees a pink elephant walking around in some form or another? This is kind of like that - well, except the elephant isn't pink.
Tuesday: March 23, 2010
- The @ symbol now officially a work of art thanks to NYC's Museum of Modern Art.
In honor of the little squiggly's potency, the Museum of Modern Art in New York announced on Monday that it had added the @ symbol to its architecture and design collection, citing its 'design power.'
Monday: March 22, 2010
- Turns out that cubes of NYC garbage can make for some interesting art.
But artist Justin Gignac still sees stories even in the ubiquity, and is out to prove that with some clever package design, Manhattan’s refuse can be art. Gignac sells plastic cubes of trash from the Big Apple for $50 a pop.
Monday: March 15, 2010
- Have a gander at twenty-six gigapixels worth of Paris, France.
Turns out that twenty-six gigapixels can make for some interesting aerial photography with some astounding details. For instance, try zooming in on that speck off in the distance, it's probably a building.
Thursday: March 11, 2010
- LucasArts announces special edition of Monkey Island 2 coming this summer.
This should be a happy day for all fans of the Monkey Island franchise. The previous special edition of Monkey Island for Xbox 360 (and practically all other major platforms) was a joy to play. Guybrush even has a new haircut this time around.
Wednesday: March 10, 2010
- Five must-see museum exhibits to give you an added dose of culture this Spring.
Looking for something different to do on those otherwise boring Spring days? Try stopping by a museum or two this Spring to catch up on some of the finer things (as it relates to art) that you may have been missing.
Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- Photoblog: Sunshine Yellow
Another quick macro shot snapped up while doodling with the kids using an obvious assorted array of crayons. Taste the rainbow.Location:
Eastchester, New York
Friday: March 5, 2010
- Jon Stewart and the Daily Show take ChatRoulette for a spin.
The Internet is like mexican food, every site has the same ingredients - just in different combinations. But go ahead and investigate, I wonder what your reporters will find on this video-based anonymous stranger-finder.
Thursday: March 4, 2010
- Daily Show and Colbert Report pulled off of Hulu via the suits at Viacom.
As of March 9, Hulu will lose the rights to the two half-hour shows, but that doesn't mean they're disappearing from the Internet entirely. Full episodes will still be streamed on TheDailyShow.com and ColbertNation.com.
Thursday: February 25, 2010
- Six fantastical theme park rides that have unfortunately been lost to history.
If you absolutely must ride this, it's still open at Universal Studios Japan in Osaka. Doc Brown will likely be screaming at you in Japanese, but it's the pilgrimage that counts.
Friday: February 12, 2010
- A Star Trek invasion as seen through the bold eye of Photoshop.
Five pages of nerdy and hilarious fun for the closet (or out of the closet) Star Trek fan in each of us. For those looking for additional laughs, this video review of Star Trek: Generations serves as a great distraction.
- Hubble manages to capture an overly blue view of Saturn.
Aurorae result from charged solar wind particles trapped in a planet's magnetic field striking atoms in the upper atmosphere. Just like Northern Lights on Earth, Saturn sees similar polar light shows as a result.
- Want to know just how speedy YouTube is in your area?
An interesting little page that I didn't know existed on YouTube's website. I'm quite surprised to see my ISP performing as well it does compared to the rest of the state of New York (or in some cases the rest of the country).
Wednesday: February 10, 2010
- Twenty-one unbelievable photos of Mars for your Martian viewing pleasure.
Behold the wondrous splendor of Martian landscapes in all their strange atmospheric glory. After viewing these photographs I have a strange desire to go watch Total Recall. Two weeks!
Tuesday: January 26, 2010
- Weird Al to direct his first feature film for Cartoon Network.
Not many details yet but congrats to Al on this new gig. Fun fact: two members of my immediate family can still recite the lyrics from 'Dare to be Stupid' from memory. Bonus fact: we are both over the age of thirty.