Tuesday: January 19, 2010
- Fifty beautiful and creative works of pixel art for your viewing pleasure.
This gallery contains both isometric and non-isometric (thankfully categorized) for even more additional viewing pleasure. All hail the mighty pixel.
Thursday: January 14, 2010
- A collection of Earth's most amazing meteor craters for you to gawk at.
Want to feel a bit more vulnerable today? Then have a gander at some of these photos. You'll start to feel a little bit more insignificant in no time knowing you stand no chance in the path of meteor destruction. Happy Thursday.
Wednesday: January 13, 2010
- Ten cool products inspired by puzzles just for you.
Although it would be cool to look at a puzzle rug on most days something tells me that a puzzle rug would not be able to provide that much warmth. It's a probably a bitch to vacuum said puzzle rug as well.
Tuesday: January 5, 2010
- The most popular Google searches of 2009 according to well, Google.
Years later we all look back at this and realize just how much we adored American Idol, that crazy swine flu, cash for clunkers, and last but not least our kooky paranormal activity. Wait, what?
- Meet the brand new world chess champion, a nineteen year old from Norway.
He's already got a clever nickname, 'Mozart of Chess', and he has no interest in becoming the next Bobby Fisher (in the sense that Bobby Fisher went a little crazy and then disappeared).
- Google will most likely pull the curtain back on their very own Android smartphone today.
Creating its own handset reflects Google’s effort to expand advertising sales on mobile devices, a market that may grow to between $2 billion and $3 billion in the U.S. by 2013, up from less than $1 billion now, according to Sanford C. Bernstein & Co.
Tuesday: December 29, 2009
- The iPod Touch beat out iPhone sales for the first time this holiday season.
It appears that an influx of new iPod Touch devices has flooded the market over Christmas,' Flurry reports, 'and that users of the handset, primarily pre-teen and teen audiences, are voracious downloaders.
Monday: December 28, 2009
- Fifteen well-designed posters that happen to be about design.
Looking for a bit of design inspiration? Have a look at this gallery of design-centric posters about design (recursive post is vaguely trying to be recursive), print some out and hang them in your office or cubicle. Voila, instant inspiration.
- Apple has gone ahead and ordered parts for their not-so-fabled tablet device.
According to DigiTimes, Foxconn's panel-making subsidiary Innolux will serve as the primary supplier of 10-inch panels for the forthcoming multi-touch device while Wintek -- Apple's primary iPhone display panel purveyor -- will be tasked with filling many of the remaining orders.
Monday: December 14, 2009
- LucasArts announces sequel to Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.
To say that I was a big fan of the first game is a bit of an understatement. I'll be buying this the day it comes out which of course has yet to be revealed (2010 is the only date thus far). LucasArts has a high resolution version of the trailer over on their site for those so inclined.
Wednesday: December 9, 2009
- Some images and a synopsis for Tron Legacy surface online.
Along with Kevin’s loyal confidant Quorra (OLIVIA WILDE), father and son embark on a life-and-death journey of escape across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.
Tuesday: December 8, 2009
- Ten of the most alien-like insects currently residing on this planet.
Go ahead and enjoy this gallery of alien-like insect photography. For the squemish, it's probably better to view this link post-breakfast. I find assigning each insect a ridiculous cartoon voice makes the whole thing more enjoyable.
Monday: December 7, 2009
- Teaser trailer for next Harry Potter movie surfaces online.
Teaser trailer starts after the interview segment of the video, about fifty-seven seconds in. This movie (which is just part one of two) will hit theaters November of 2010.
- Yes, it's quite possible for you to tweet in Klingon.
This handy website includes tons of useful sample tweets as well like 'We will destroy the Federation!' and 'Your mother has a smooth forehead.' Also, your ship greatly resembles that of a garbage scow. Kapla!
Monday: November 30, 2009
- Twenty-nine of the best chalkboard gags ever to appear on The Simpsons.
Hard to believe that there are over four-hundred variations of the chalkboard gag from over twenty seasons of The Simpsons. Want to watch a video of said gags? There's a YouTube video for that.