Friday: October 9, 2009
- Ten things that you really need to stop tweeting about.
An alternative title for this post would have been 'ten reasons why I'm not on Twitter'.
Thursday: October 8, 2009
- NASA says not to worry about pesky asteroid that would've destroyed Earth.
According to NASA scientists, there is now just a slim chance said asteriod may hit Earth. The asteroid is about the size of two-and-a-half football fields.
Monday: October 5, 2009
- Have some extra paint chips laying around? Make some pixelated art.
Yes, pixelated artwork can make a fine addition to any home or office. You'll also need a reasonable amount of patience to pull it off. Good luck!
Thursday: October 1, 2009
- Have a peek at Tim Schafer's application to LucasArts circa 1989.
Since I figured I had blown the interview, I had nothing to lose. So I did my cover letter in the form of a semi-graphic adventure. I drew the pictures on my Koala pad, and printed the whole thing out on my Atari 800 dot-matrix printer.
- Palm decides to partner up with Amazon instead of hacking their way into iTunes.
But what Palm should really do is to make an iTunes rival, a media-playing, content-syncing, Amazon MP3-friendly application. And it should make it work not just with the Pre, but with any device you might own, including the iPhone.
Wednesday: September 30, 2009
- Fifteen podcasts that will make you smarter.
If you've let your podcast subscriptions fall by the wayside this article serves as a great excuse to dive back in. I can't remember the last time I actually listened and/or watched a podcast.
Tuesday: September 29, 2009
- Warner Music and YouTube close to finalizing brand new deal.
The deal would also open the door to a possible role for Warner in a new music video website called Vevo, which is backed by Universal and Sony and will be supported by YouTube's technology platform.
Monday: September 28, 2009
- An amazing collection of liquid art to feast your eyes upon.
What better way to end your day than with a splash of liquidy-colorful goodness. These photos were shot by combining soundwaves with water-based paint using a mic-triggered camera. Wow.
Friday: September 25, 2009
- Top ten unanswered questions from certain geeky movies.
This light-speed jump takes a split-second, but now they have to wait minutes so they can clear the planet. Not only that, but the Death Star is capable of blowing up entire planets, not just moons, so why don’t they just blow up the entire planet of Yavin?
- Apple would really like you to know just how green they really are.
Our life cycle analysis accounts for all emissions associated with our products. That includes raw material extraction, manufacturing, packaging, transportation, a three- or four-year period of use, and recycling.
Wednesday: September 23, 2009
- Photoblog: Benched
A macro shot taken way back in 2007 from a certain Disney theme park, in a certain part of TomorrowLand, on a certain bench across from the Speedway. What can I say, I'm a Disney nerd.Location:
Monday: September 21, 2009
- Twenty-five images recreated using food as the primary canvas.
Nothing screams fine art to me like the Mona Lisa done entirely in cabbage. Now I'm hungry.
- Watch some footage of Disney pulling the curtain back on Star Tours 2.
The newly revamped Star Wars theme ride will be opening back up in 2011 and will make use of 3D projection technology. Here's to hoping those 3D podraces won't make you too sick.
- A wishlist of items that might exist on Gene Rodenberry's hard drive.
2. A record of the bet he lost that let Shatner direct Star Trek V.
Thursday: September 17, 2009
- Some concept art for next episode of Tales of Monkey Island emerges online.
That's one big manatee. Also of note, the next episode of the series titled 'Lair of the Leviathan' is scheduled to arrive on September 29th. Here's to hoping that we'll see the triumphant return of Murray the Demonic Talking Skull.