Thursday: August 13, 2009
- Daily Grind: Slightly productive
Name: Vin (aka tweaker)
How Vin feels today: Slightly productive @ 1:17:00 PM
What Vin really wants today: Take care of some work projects, prep for this weekend's road trip extravaganza (Phish @ Hartford).
Music Stuck in Head: I Gotta Feeling / Black Eyed Peas
Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. And yes, that annoying Miley Cyrus song from those goddamn Wal-Mart commercials takes second place. Stop that as well.
Stuff to do today:
- Make small cosmetic changes to GLM
- Add popular tags call on the right hand side (scroll down)
- Post new photo to photoblog
- Burn some CDs for tomorrow's CT road trip
- Mostly because I don't feel like futzing with an iPod for two hours
- Bring camera, snap off some photos of Phish lot scene in all it's wook splendor
- Share said photos with GLM readers
- Dell and Nickelodeon team up for 'slime' line of netbooks.
In addition to the slime theme, there will also be a SpongeBob Squarepants one as well.
Wednesday: August 12, 2009
- Microsoft and Nokia partner up for strategic mobile alliance.
The Nokia deal is potentially quite good for Microsoft, but for other reasons than Mobile Office. But, for Microsoft, Mobile Office must be the strategic priority, because the company needs to extend Office desktop software's relevance to the handset and the cloud.
Tuesday: August 11, 2009
- Netflix has an exclusive partnership with the Xbox 360 according to Microsoft.
Looks like you may not be seeing the same kind of Netflix app on any of those other consoles any time soon.
Thursday: August 6, 2009
- A Star Trek versus Star Wars debate to stir up your geek juices.
So why should we debate about which is better? Because we’re geeks, and that’s what geeks do! So, in the finest tradition of completely unnecessary geeky arguments, let’s create a preposterous hypothetical situation that requires you to choose between the two.
- Microsoft decides to bring on 400 people over from Yahoo.
This little tidbit was part of their recent partnership. Good news for Yahoo employees, I guess.
Friday: July 31, 2009
- Oxidized lava may hold some clues to understanding the evolution of Earth.
The finding firmly establishes that subduction oxidizes the source of magma for arc volcanoes, 'but the long-term consequences for the evolution of Earth remain poorly understood,' commented Marc M. Hirschmann of the University of Minnesota, who was not part of the research team.
Wednesday: July 29, 2009
- Details of new Microsoft Yahoo partnership to be announced in the near future.
According to the article, Yahoo keeps it's advertisers but their search engine might be powered by Bing.
Tuesday: July 28, 2009
- Transparent aluminum makes the jump from Star Trek to real life.
The Oxford team, along with their international colleagues, focused all this power down into a spot with a diameter less than a twentieth of the width of a human hair. At such high intensities the aluminium turned transparent.
- Behold! The top ten wonders of Google Earth.
Arizona's Schnepf Farms carves a maze with the outline of a famous person into its 10-acre cornfield each year around Halloween. Larry King, Jay Leno and Steve Nash are among the celebrities who have been recognized in this way.
Monday: July 27, 2009
- Jupiter is Earth's favorite asteroid prevention unit.
...Jupiter’s overbearing gravity acts as a gravitational shield deflecting incoming space junk, mainly comets, away from the inner solar system where it could do for us what an asteroid apparently did for the dinosaurs 65 million years ago.
- Apple and record labels working collaborating on plan to boost music sales.
The collaboration apparently has the codename of 'Cocktail' - hence the fruity thumbnail.
Friday: July 24, 2009
- Party mode unavailable for some selected Netflix movies on Xbox Live?
So far it looks like the service can't be used with Disney and Starz movies. You'll have to MST3K these movies in person.
Thursday: July 23, 2009
- Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition officially available for iPhone.
The onslaught of Monkey Island can not be stopped! Now just bring Tales over to XBLA and I'm all set.
Wednesday: July 22, 2009
- Sixteen of the worst cartoon theme songs of the eighties.
The Gummi Bears theme song was a particular hard melody to shake off.