Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- Eleven of the world's craziest roads for you to gawk at.
Enjoy this collection of wild and in most cases ridiculously dangerous modes of travel. Maybe it's because I usually have video games on the brain but after seeing these pictures I really want to go play some Mario Kart.
Thursday: January 7, 2010
- You'll soon be able to tweet from your automobile thanks to the Ford Sync system.
Yet another way that technology is going to make the roads safer. As if cell phones, smart phones, app phones, GPS, XM weren't enough to distract from you from you know, actually driving.
Monday: October 19, 2009
- A gellery of ten cars that were ahead of their time.
...featured several industry firsts, including seat belts, a third headlight that turned with the wheels, a perimeter frame with integrated roll-bar crash protection and a hemispherical combustion engine. It also was remarkably aerodynamic.
Monday: October 5, 2009
- Nissan finds that emulating fish helps robotic cars avoid crashes.
The automaker studied how large schools of fish can move without colliding. It says Eporo imitates three rules of fish movement: avoiding crashes, traveling side by side, and keeping close to other members of the school.
Monday: August 10, 2009
- Nissan comes up with a method for getting rid of bad odors in your car.
It can then release a leafy 'forest' smell, created using essential oils, into the car to combat any lingering nasty whiffs. Once the sensors no longer detect the offensive odour outside, the vents open again to allow fresh air in.