Thursday: December 13, 2012
- Apple selects the Best of 2012 awards from notable iTunes Store apps and games.
For the first time in two years, no photography apps made it in to the top listings. 2012 also marks the first year that an Entertainment app was given an editor’s choice award. As always, during the end of the year wrap up Apple highlights games and apps from a wide variety of categories, so it’s well worth skimming the list for hidden gems.
Monday: November 14, 2011
- Best Buy has the current generation Apple TV for $89 with free shipping.
Posting this here because I've grown to love this product in the few short weeks I've had it. It's a great implementation for getting your Internet media as close to your television as you would need it. My kids love watching clips on YouTube and Vimeo so having that readily available in the living room is a big plus. Also, having the entire media contents of your Mac is just great as well. Bonus: using the Apple Remote app for any of the iDevices may make you want to chuck the included remote.
Monday: April 12, 2010
- Best Buy now selling that Barnes and Noble Nook e-reader.
This should certainly ramp up the potential exposure that The Nook receives with these added purchase locations. Although, I'm not sure if it will really help as most Best Buy locations are also selling Apple's iPad. Side by side, The Nook looks a little shabby at it's current price tag.
Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- Daily Grind: Nerdy
Name: Vin (aka levelup+1)
How Vin feels today: Nerdy @ 2:55:41 PM
What Vin really wants today: Finish up remaining work tasks and attempt to get some time in playing a certain RPG video game that sounds vaguely similar to 'Shminal Shmantasy' at some point this evening. Insert traditional battle victory theme here.
Music Stuck in Head: Call it Love / God Street Wine
Continuing the celebration of the recently announced GSW reunion. You can have a listen to this rare jazzy track over on archive.org.
Stuff to do today:
- Purchase Final Fantasy XIII from semi-local NYC area Best Buy
- Semi-local = four subway stops from work location (meh)
- Ignore reviews complaining about PS3 versus Xbox 360 quality
- Finally post new photo to photoblog
Thursday: February 18, 2010
- New Apple products might be arriving tomorrow according to Best Buy inventory systems.
Dear Apple, please release an updated version of the MacBook Pro so I can eagerly give you my hard-earned cash to replace my aging plastic (cracking along the edges I might add) regular MacBook.
Wednesday: December 30, 2009
- The top nine Internet memes of 2009 according to MSNBC.
Covers everything from Kanye to the Internet's unflinching love of all things bacon. Now if you'll excuse me there is a three wolf moon shirt that needs to be washed before not venturing out on New Year's Eve.
Tuesday: December 29, 2009
- A collection of the top ten space photos of 2009 just for you.
Behold the almighty power of a Geminid meteor as it streaks across the Mojave Desert of California. These meteors are apparently quite easy to see since they move slower and are essentially just comet leftovers. The real lesson here is that leftovers can be a good thing after all.
- Some of the best and worst patent applications of 2009 according to The Register.
There are actually some pretty funny patent application entries listed here from some notable companies. I'm curious if IBM will ever make good on their 'check for awkward silence on conference call' patent which would make for potential comedy gold during the most inappropriate of times. Awooga!
Monday: December 21, 2009
- A list of the best and worst identities of the 2009 calendar year.
Only five months later Kraft Foods unveiled a revised logo that was supposed to be an improvement. You know the expression “Putting lipstick on a pig”? This is like switching the lipstick from the pig’s mouth to the pig’s you-know-what.
Friday: December 11, 2009
- A list of Lifehacker's most popular tutorials of 2009.
An extensive list of tutorials that covers step-by-step guides on everything from installed homebrew on the Wii (without the need of Twilight Princess) all the way over to building your very own computer from scratch. Good luck.
Tuesday: November 24, 2009
- A list of a hundred of the all-time best ways to hack your workday.
Some great suggestions to those of you who may or may not be following one or more of these little gems already. Personally, I am lost with my morning to-do list. Let's see here, post morning links to GLM: check. See?
Friday: September 25, 2009
- Want to know why new video games cost sixty bucks these days?
I remember when that magic price point way back when (classic NES days) was just a mere forty dollars. Sixty is the new forty for this generation, unless your semi-intelligent and buy used (or rent).
Monday: September 21, 2009
- Is Best Buy about to acquire Gamestop?
By buying Gamestop, Best Buy would become one of the premium video game retailers in the U.S., causing even more foot traffic to creep inside its brick-and-mortar locations. This has been a rumor in the past, but it makes sense now more than ever.
Thursday: September 17, 2009
- Fifty of the world's best foods and where you can actually eat them.
The world's best Texas barbecue happens to be in Texas. Who knew?
Friday: September 11, 2009
- The ten funniest moments in Muppet Show history.
Statler and Waldorf, FTW.