Monday: November 14, 2011
- Best Buy has the current generation Apple TV for $89 with free shipping.
Posting this here because I've grown to love this product in the few short weeks I've had it. It's a great implementation for getting your Internet media as close to your television as you would need it. My kids love watching clips on YouTube and Vimeo so having that readily available in the living room is a big plus. Also, having the entire media contents of your Mac is just great as well. Bonus: using the Apple Remote app for any of the iDevices may make you want to chuck the included remote.
Monday: April 12, 2010
- Best Buy now selling that Barnes and Noble Nook e-reader.
This should certainly ramp up the potential exposure that The Nook receives with these added purchase locations. Although, I'm not sure if it will really help as most Best Buy locations are also selling Apple's iPad. Side by side, The Nook looks a little shabby at it's current price tag.
Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- Daily Grind: Nerdy
Name: Vin (aka levelup+1)
How Vin feels today: Nerdy @ 2:55:41 PM
What Vin really wants today: Finish up remaining work tasks and attempt to get some time in playing a certain RPG video game that sounds vaguely similar to 'Shminal Shmantasy' at some point this evening. Insert traditional battle victory theme here.
Music Stuck in Head: Call it Love / God Street Wine
Continuing the celebration of the recently announced GSW reunion. You can have a listen to this rare jazzy track over on archive.org.
Stuff to do today:
- Purchase Final Fantasy XIII from semi-local NYC area Best Buy
- Semi-local = four subway stops from work location (meh)
- Ignore reviews complaining about PS3 versus Xbox 360 quality
- Finally post new photo to photoblog
Thursday: February 18, 2010
- New Apple products might be arriving tomorrow according to Best Buy inventory systems.
Dear Apple, please release an updated version of the MacBook Pro so I can eagerly give you my hard-earned cash to replace my aging plastic (cracking along the edges I might add) regular MacBook.
Friday: September 25, 2009
- Want to know why new video games cost sixty bucks these days?
I remember when that magic price point way back when (classic NES days) was just a mere forty dollars. Sixty is the new forty for this generation, unless your semi-intelligent and buy used (or rent).
Monday: September 21, 2009
- Is Best Buy about to acquire Gamestop?
By buying Gamestop, Best Buy would become one of the premium video game retailers in the U.S., causing even more foot traffic to creep inside its brick-and-mortar locations. This has been a rumor in the past, but it makes sense now more than ever.
Friday: August 14, 2009
- Sorry, Best Buy will not honor tremendous online pricing errors.
Did anyone honestly think they would sell 52-inch HDTV for just ten bucks?
Tuesday: August 11, 2009
- Have a look at some leaked screens from a Geek Squad certification test.
Wow, thats scary. Certification tests for this type of position shouldn't include poorly used Internet memes.
Friday: July 10, 2009
- The seven types of employees you'll probably meet at Best Buy.
Pretty funny writeup by the folks over at Giz but what manages to be funnier is Best Buy's quick response to it, which you can read right here. Not too shabby, Best Buy. Not too shabby at all.
Thursday: July 9, 2009
- Best Buy and TiVo form strategic alliance to sell you set-top boxes.
..Best Buy will heavily promote TiVo products in its 1,100 stores in the United States. TiVo will develop a version of its set-top box, to be sold in Best Buy stores, that will let the retailer advertise its products and services to TiVo subscribers on their home televisions.