Tuesday: May 11, 2010
- A showcase of blogs with unique post designs for your viewing pleasure.
It seems like these days everyone is using the same old blog template or the same tired Wordpress theme (although I've seen some pretty amazing Tumblr themes). Regardless, I'm a sucker for blogs that don't actually look like your average blog and stray from the formula. The end result is what some are calling a 'blogazine'. Enjoy.
Wednesday: December 9, 2009
- Dell would like you to know they made $6.5 million in sales via Twitter.
Dell now considers Twitter to be a 'significant new channel' in which to reach customers. If Twitter landed me a couple million in sales I'm guessing that I'd think it would be pretty significant as well.
Thursday: November 19, 2009
- Smashing Magazine would like you to know that classic blog posts are boring.
A lof of valid points in this writeup along with some great examples of web designers who are pushing the envelope in this area. I'm loving the deviation from their normal layout just to push the article's main concept.
Monday: November 16, 2009
- A list of the fifty most influential bloggers of 2009 thus far.
I guess I should be reading more blogs because I've never heard of some of these names until reading this list just now. That's ok though, I'm willing to bet none of them have heard of me either - so it's a wash.
Monday: September 21, 2009
- Ten revealing infographics concerning the Interwebs.
A collection of interesting graphs covering a variety of Internet related stuff from social networking popularity to the use of submarine cables for Internet access. Quite revealing indeed.
Thursday: September 10, 2009
- Travel blogs replacing travel agents according to new survey. Who knew?
According to the study, 34% of respondents prefer travel blogs for choosing their travel options, 24% use family and friends, and 13% go to travel agents.
Tuesday: September 1, 2009
- IBM decides to patent a television remote that can blog and tweet.
Now everyone can know that you just love to watch re-runs of Dallas... all the time. You have issues.
Wednesday: July 8, 2009
- Printed blog publication folds up due to lack of funding.
Sounded like a good idea in theory but then again lots of bad ideas sound good in theory.
Wednesday: May 6, 2009
- Thirty-seven data-ish blogs you should know about.
Read on, my fellow DBA nerds.
Friday: January 5, 2007