Monday: May 10, 2010
- Ten sites that every developer should have in their bookmarks file.
No matter what kind of development you do, at least three of these sites will be helpful to you in some kind of programming endeavor. I've just recently discovered the browser sandbox over at Spoon.net (though I'm a still little partial to IETester).
Thursday: March 18, 2010
- Want to run Internet Explorer 9 on your Windows XP machine? Tough luck.
Microsoft has decided to give Windows XP users the finger and not allow them to use their latest and greatest web browser until they upgrade their OS over to Vista or Windows 7. Yet another reason why I'll be sticking with Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari or any other superior browser. Good work, Microsoft.
Wednesday: October 28, 2009
- Firefox manages to gain thirty million new users in just eight weeks.
The folks at Mozilla are quite proud of their recent little growth spurt which was measured by tracking the amount of times that Firefox actually phones home to check for software updates (apparently it does this every 24 hours).
Tuesday: October 13, 2009
- A look back at fifteen years of web browsers.
Navigator was the first commercial Web browser to be wildly successful, rapidly achieving 90 percent market share before Microsoft entered the fray and took over the market. By 2000, Netscape's market share would fall under 1 percent...
Friday: August 28, 2009
- Five features that would be nice to see in a future version of Firefox.
Memory management, memory management, memory management. Did I mention memory management? Also, please fix the whole 'Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system.'
Thursday: August 13, 2009
- Everything you never knew about the way Adobe Flash stores cookies.
Thursday: July 30, 2009
- Thirteen ways to browser test and validate your work.
A good writeup for those of you who don't regularly practice the art of cross-browser compatibility.
Tuesday: July 14, 2009
- YouTube officially ditches Internet Explorer 6 support.
Yes folks, the time has come to upgrade your aging web browser.
Thursday: June 18, 2009
- Microsoft would like you to have all of the facts when choosing a web browser.
Right, this seems to be fair and balanced. Even includes a 'mythbusting' section!