Thursday: April 15, 2010
- Fifty incredible works of coffee and latte art for your viewing pleasure.
My cup of coffee is looking downright boring after seeing some of the offerings in this collection but caffeine is caffeine and it certainly gets the job done regardless of artistic merit. For those interested in making their very own coffee art a tutorial is just waiting for you around the corner.
- Daily Grind: Caffeinated
Name: Vin (aka hyper-hypo)
How Vin feels today: Caffeinated @ 12:51:25 PM
What Vin really wants today: To remind self the next time I order a medium coffee at the local coffee shop that its quite large rather than medium. Enjoy unnecessary caffeine boost, attempt to post additional links to make up for yesterday.
Music Stuck in Head: Big Bang Baby / Stone Temple Pilots
Any song that mentions Orange Crush in the lyrics is OK in my book. And by book I really mean magazine. And by magazine I really mean pamphlet. And by pamphlet I mean - whatever, the list is short.
Stuff to do today:
- Go to Apple Cube over on Fifth Ave
- Remark that overall feeling and general consensus of the iPad was... underwhelming
- ...its kinda heavy for everyday use - especially as an e-reader
- ...typing on the device is not exactly a joy either
- Interface was pretty neat but if you have an iPhone you've been there
- On the other hand, that newly updated MacBook Pro is quite awesome
- ...and freakin' fast (even the base Intel i5 model screams)
- Save money for next major purchase
Wednesday: March 17, 2010
- Want a new way to get your coffee fix on? Try inhaling it.
First there was the chocolate aerosol that gave chocoholics all the flavour without the calories of their favourite snack. Now the same scientists have come up with the coffee spray that gives you as much caffeine as found in one single espresso.
Monday: January 4, 2010
- Give some blood and get some free coffee in return.
Dunkin' Donuts has teamed with the Red Cross for a promotion that entails trading up a pint of blood for a pound of coffee. Start the year off by doing something nice and enjoy some free caffeine as your reward. Apparently this promotion only applies to certain Connecticut residents only. Hrmph.
Tuesday: December 29, 2009
- Free coffee available to New Jersey Turnpike drivers on New Year's Eve.
Not a bad idea at all. Officials hope this will help drivers fight off fatigue and make it home safe and sound. Other locations seem to be following suit, 7-11 (at least in Tuscon) is giving away free cups of joe as well.
Monday: December 28, 2009
- A faster and more caffeinated Google search is coming your way in the near future.
Chances are you probably won't notice anything overtly different since most of the rumored changes are under the hood (algorithms, indexes, what have you). According to TechCrunch, Google will start to weight news and social media sites higher than older indexed pages. Eh, you'll learn to live with it.
Wednesday: November 11, 2009
- Fifteen things worth knowing about your beloved cup of coffee.
An awesome (as always) illustrated list from TheOatmeal revealing some coffee factoids that you may not have previously known about. Did you know that coffee is the second most traded commodity on Earth?
Wednesday: October 21, 2009
- Thirteen of the most ridiculous 'special' episodes from eighties television sitcoms.
Although not technically a sitcom; Jesse's caffeine pill freakout from Saved by the Bell is still a personal favorite.
Monday: October 5, 2009
- Want to know the exact contents in your morning cup of coffee?
A list of ingredients besides the obvious that you may not have previously known about.
Wednesday: August 12, 2009
- Everything you want to know about Google Caffeine.
Yes, there's even a link to try out the new Google which happens to look a lot like the old Google.