Sunday: December 9, 2012
- Rumors swirling that Disney's Hollywood Studios will be getting a Radiator Springs makeover.
While this news is by no means official it sounds like a formal announcement may be right around the corner. Full disclosure: I am a gigantic Disney nerd. My kids, by association, are also gigantic Disney nerds. But they also happen to be huge fans of the Cars movies. Ask us to recite any line and you'll hear the whole movie. The recently opened Cars Land in California has been met with postivive reviews from fans and non-fans of the franchise. Being that we reside on the East Coast, a trip to Florida is way more feasible than a trip out to California. Ka-chow!
Wednesday: February 3, 2010
- 88,000 students team up to try and break world record for jumping rope.
Organizers say more than 88,000 people participated at more than 500 schools. That would easily beat the current record of 59,000 jump ropers set in Australia. The results still have to be certified by the Guinness people.
Wednesday: October 7, 2009
- Daily Grind: Irritated
Name: Vin (aka font changer)
How Vin feels today: Irritated @ 2:33:00 PM
What Vin really wants today: To finish up with some design changes that should not ever be dictated by people who know squat about design. No, not every font on the web should be a graphic so that it can 'look sharper'. Oye.
Music Stuck in Head: Hotel California / Gypsy Kings
I love this version. 'Welcome to zee Hotel Cal-e-forn-ya'
Stuff to do today:
- Note that Shark Tank is semi-enjoyable show
- Also enjoyable when one of the sharks happens to reference a previous employer
- Previous employer let me know that reference was not actually referencing them
- Oh well, at least you can watch it on Hulu
- Continue banging out work projects
- Note that pile is at least 50% smaller than yesterday
- Small piles are good when in comparison to big piles
- Get back to work on clearing piles
Thursday: August 20, 2009
- Bacon-flavored ice cream anyone?
Restaurant in aforementioned article also makes bacon shakes. Their current flavor of the summer is jalapeno cream cheese with a raspberry swirl. Yummy.
Friday: July 17, 2009
- Thousands of giant squid invade California.
Scientists are not sure why the squid are swarming off the Southern California coast, but they are concerned. In recent years, small numbers have been spotted from California to Sitka, Alaska, an alarming trend, scientists say.