Monday: November 21, 2011
- Apple's new store at Grand Central Station may be opening in the very near future.
9to5Mac has heard that Apple will officially announce the opening of the Grand Central Apple store this Tuesday and presumably pull the black boards to reveal the announcement. This store garners extra special attention because it will be Apple’s largest in the world by square footage and resides in a building where 750,000 people pass daily and over 1,000,000 people during the holidays.
Monday: July 25, 2011
- Apple Store definitely coming to Grand Central Station at some point in the near future.
According to The Real Deal, Apple will be shelling out $800,000 per year in rent, which seems a little high given that the previous tenant was paying about half that. As for me, I am both happy and sad for this news all at once. Happy because I will be frequenting this location quite often and sad because of the overall effect it will have on my bank account. The crowding of my overall commute to NYC will most likely be more annoying but I'll learn to live with it.
Tuesday: April 20, 2010
- Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert renew their contracts with Comedy Central.
Stewart's contract extension with COMEDY CENTRAL will keep him at the helm of 'The Daily Show' through June 2013. Colbert's extension will keep him and 'The Colbert Report' at the all-comedy channel through the end of 2012.
Thursday: March 4, 2010
- Escaped monkey manages to make time for several Facebook appearances.
Facebook: the only place where you can find photos of an escaped monkey and then read posts by that same monkey as he taunts the authorities. Is there anything social networking can't do?
Friday: November 6, 2009
- If at first you don't succeed at your driver's test, try 950 times.
Good news: after the 950th time, this person was finally able to pass the written exam. Bad news: there is still the little matter of passing the actual driving portion of the exam.
Thursday: August 27, 2009
- A collection of Futurama's geekiest moments.
Fry: Wait a second! I know that monkey. His name is Donkey.
Farnsworth: Monkeys aren't donkeys! Quit messing with my head!
Wednesday: August 19, 2009
- Selling lemonade in Central Park will get you slapped with a fine.
When Richard admitted he didn't have the right to sell on Parks property, the agents immediately slapped the dad and daughter with a summons for selling food without a license, which carries a maximum fine of $200.
Wednesday: July 22, 2009
- How would you like to have an airport smack in the middle of Central Park?
The Manhattan Airport Foundation is a land-use constituency committed to the immediate development of a viable and centrally-located international air transportation hub in New York City for the benefit of all New Yorkers.