Friday: July 29, 2011
- Watch Dan Castellaneta chat about the inspiration behind some of his voices on The Simpsons.
This is an interesting / fun video for anybody who happens to be a fan of The Simpsons. Dan Castelleneta does an alarmingly high number of voices on the show (somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-15 characters). Fun fact, you'll usually see a random Simpsons quote (less random now with the new design) in the header of GLM. Guess the episode, win a cookie.
Tuesday: March 30, 2010
- Fifteen things about The Simpsons you may not have previously known about.
I had no idea that every Simpsons family member's middle name started with the letter J. Also it's nice to see that 'D'oh' is officially part of our English dictionary. Have you pulled a Homer today?
Thursday: February 4, 2010
- Do you think that your favorite television characters need Twitter accounts?
My initial response fell into the negative on this subject but then I realized that some of my favorite characters would actually be pretty funny to read in some type of Twitter capacity. For your enjoyment here is a site dedicated solely to Creed quotes.
Tuesday: December 1, 2009
- Seven of the most inexplicable character additions to television shows.
...the writers some how thought it made perfect sense to introduce a futuristic floating green alien into the town of Bedrock. Add in the fact that only Barney, Fred, Pebbles and Bam-Bam can see or hear the alien, and the Great Gazoo essentially amounts to an imaginary friend.
Thursday: September 10, 2009
- Live action Star Wars television series might be hitting the air in 2012.
The show is rumored to be of the hour-long drama variety and may feature very few characters (if any) from the existing Star Wars universe. Sounds good so far. Note to LucasFilm: please follow The Force Unleashed plotline.
Tuesday: September 1, 2009
- Seven iconic characters that managed to be saved from the cutting room floor.
Turns out there was a very brief moment when the original Star Trek series might not have had a Spock.
Monday: August 31, 2009
- Disney has just acquired Marvel Entertainment in a deal worth four billion.
Under the deal, Disney will acquire ownership of Marvel including its more than 5,000 Marvel characters. Mr. Perlmutter will oversee the Marvel properties, and will work directly with Disney's global lines of business to build and further integrate Marvel's properties.
Tuesday: July 21, 2009
- Carlos Santana joins the cast of Guitar Hero 5.
You'll be able to play his 1971 hit, 'No One to Depend On' from his second self-titled album, 1971's Santana.
Thursday: July 9, 2009
- Seven classic Star Wars characters that totally dropped the ball.
'#5 Lando uncuffs a seven-foot Wookie who wants to kill kim.'