Monday: May 10, 2010
- A handy tutorial regarding how to build your very own coffee cup sphere lamp.
Got a couple hundred coffee cups laying around? Put them too good use and make yourself a new lamp. Judging by the comments on the Instructables page, you'll be quite happy with the results.
Thursday: April 15, 2010
- Fifty incredible works of coffee and latte art for your viewing pleasure.
My cup of coffee is looking downright boring after seeing some of the offerings in this collection but caffeine is caffeine and it certainly gets the job done regardless of artistic merit. For those interested in making their very own coffee art a tutorial is just waiting for you around the corner.
- Daily Grind: Caffeinated
Name: Vin (aka hyper-hypo)
How Vin feels today: Caffeinated @ 12:51:25 PM
What Vin really wants today: To remind self the next time I order a medium coffee at the local coffee shop that its quite large rather than medium. Enjoy unnecessary caffeine boost, attempt to post additional links to make up for yesterday.
Music Stuck in Head: Big Bang Baby / Stone Temple Pilots
Any song that mentions Orange Crush in the lyrics is OK in my book. And by book I really mean magazine. And by magazine I really mean pamphlet. And by pamphlet I mean - whatever, the list is short.
Stuff to do today:
- Go to Apple Cube over on Fifth Ave
- Remark that overall feeling and general consensus of the iPad was... underwhelming
- ...its kinda heavy for everyday use - especially as an e-reader
- ...typing on the device is not exactly a joy either
- Interface was pretty neat but if you have an iPhone you've been there
- On the other hand, that newly updated MacBook Pro is quite awesome
- ...and freakin' fast (even the base Intel i5 model screams)
- Save money for next major purchase
Monday: April 12, 2010
- Starbucks giving away free coffee on April 15th, bring your own mug.
The free coffee giveaway is an effort to raise awareness that we should all be ditching paper cups in favor of switching to a more reusable environmentally-friendly coffee container. This container would probably be a cylinder mug-like type of object - most likely a mug. More info (and a short flick) over here.
Wednesday: March 17, 2010
- Want a new way to get your coffee fix on? Try inhaling it.
First there was the chocolate aerosol that gave chocoholics all the flavour without the calories of their favourite snack. Now the same scientists have come up with the coffee spray that gives you as much caffeine as found in one single espresso.
Wednesday: March 10, 2010
- It's probably not a smart idea to throw hot coffee at a parking enforcement official.
The next time you happen to witness the writing of a ticket on a vehicle you happen to own and find yourself agitated with coffee in hand - remember this little article. As it turns out, tossing a cup of hot liquid substance at a person of authority can in fact land you with an assault and battery charge. Who knew?
Monday: January 4, 2010
- Give some blood and get some free coffee in return.
Dunkin' Donuts has teamed with the Red Cross for a promotion that entails trading up a pint of blood for a pound of coffee. Start the year off by doing something nice and enjoy some free caffeine as your reward. Apparently this promotion only applies to certain Connecticut residents only. Hrmph.
Tuesday: December 29, 2009
- Free coffee available to New Jersey Turnpike drivers on New Year's Eve.
Not a bad idea at all. Officials hope this will help drivers fight off fatigue and make it home safe and sound. Other locations seem to be following suit, 7-11 (at least in Tuscon) is giving away free cups of joe as well.
Wednesday: December 16, 2009
- Free wifi access is coming to your local McDonald's joint.
You formerly had to pony up $2.95 to use wireless access at any of their fast food locations - but Ronald says no more! This latest move is marked effort to try and make each McDonald's location a 'destination' rather than you know, somewhere you go just for fast food.
Monday: December 14, 2009
- How to test coffee bean freshness using a plastic ziploc bag.
But if you can't roast your own beans, you might be wondering how long ago the beans you just bought were roasted by the store. This handy, quick, and inexpensive trick can assist you on testing your coffee bean freshness.
Monday: November 16, 2009
- Green Mountain Coffee decides to up and acquire Timothy's Coffees.
For those who don't know, Green Mountain Coffee are the geniuses behind the Keurig K-cup design for quick (and painless) single-cup coffee brewing. This is a smart move since Timothy's always had a more interesting flavor set anyway (as evidenced by the thumbnail over on the left).
Wednesday: November 11, 2009
- Fifteen things worth knowing about your beloved cup of coffee.
An awesome (as always) illustrated list from TheOatmeal revealing some coffee factoids that you may not have previously known about. Did you know that coffee is the second most traded commodity on Earth?
Monday: October 5, 2009
- Want to know the exact contents in your morning cup of coffee?
A list of ingredients besides the obvious that you may not have previously known about.
Thursday: September 24, 2009
- A guide to making the most out of office coffee.
For starters, cleaning the coffee maker every once in a while is probably a good idea.
Thursday: September 10, 2009
- Daily Grind: So tired
Name: Vin (aka sleepwalker)
How Vin feels today: So tired @ 9:17:00 AM
What Vin really wants today: Sleep - just one night of uninterrupted sleep. Oh, and to thank my coffee maker for deciding to take a giant leak all over my kitchen counter top. Was my coffee really that bad?
Music Stuck in Head: Rocky Raccoon / The Beatles
Yes, Beatlemania is everywhere, even on GLM.
Stuff to do today:
- Note: due to lack of sleep and some pesky work projects posting to GLM has been limited as of late
- As I'm sure you've all probably noticed
- Hopefully posting will be back on track next week
- Play around with new version of iTunes that was released yesterday
- The little interface tweaks make the player look really slick overall
- Research some more about that interesting new home share feature
- Finish up these work projects so I can get some more sleep