Friday: December 14, 2012
- University of Chicago receives mystery package addressed to one Henry (Indiana) Jones Jr.
An interesting read if only for the care and detail that went into the package itself. The package was received by the admissions department and reportedly almost thrown out until a student worker made the discovery. Could this be some new viral marketing in the making or a student with a really unique application package? Who knows - but either way, this is pretty neat.
Thursday: December 13, 2012
- The Monsters University movie website is academically detailed in every way possible.
Click around the teaser site and you'll find everything from a list of Monsters University student clubs all the way over to a Monsters University academic calendar. Not really sure what to make of the actual movie plot at this point other than its Mike and Sully in their college days presumably in some kind of Revenge of the Nerds scenario. Whatever it ends up being I'll be at the theaters wearing some sort of MU paraphernalia (which you can buy on the MU online campus store).
Thursday: February 25, 2010
- Students at Mississippi University call upon Admiral Ackbar as mascot replacement.
Ackbar, a member of the Mon Calamari species who led the Rebel Alliance ships into the Battle of Endor, appears to be the early favorite. He has more than 14,000 Facebook fans. Websites like notatrap.org -- 'It's a trap!' was his famous line -- are promoting Ackbar's candidacy.
Tuesday: September 15, 2009
- The top ten signs that probably you picked a bad college.
8. School's motto is: 'Truth, Excellence, Delicious Soup'
Thursday: September 10, 2009
- A list of the top ten college towns in America.
It's nice to see my alma mater squeak in at number ten. I'm long overdue for a slice of pizza from Antonio's.
Wednesday: August 19, 2009
- One hundred fun and weird college courses you can take online for free.
I've always yearned to more learn about gastrointestinal pathophysiology. Haven't you?
Friday: August 14, 2009
- Fifty amazing ramen noodle recipes just for you.
I was never into the whole ramen thing in college, maybe these recipes would've helped.
Monday: August 3, 2009
- NYC woman who can't find a job decides to sue college she went to.
Let's see how many people attempt this if it actually works.
Wednesday: June 24, 2009
- Five famous geeks who never finished college.
Everyone you'd expect to be on this list is in fact on this list.
Saturday: June 20, 2009
- Google tricycle camera might be coming to a college campus near you.
Now no area will be safe from Google Street View! Mwa ha ha!