Saturday: November 7, 2009
- Server Issues and GLM Updates.
Well, as you can see we've been having some server troubles as of late. I'm still trying to work out these issues as to avoid any further downtime. So in the meantime, if you happen to see a message that says 'SERVICE UNAVAILABLE' just know somewhere behind the scenes tiny lemmings are furiously trying to get the site back up and running.
I guess I can also take this post as an opportunity to give you all a GLM state of the union. The redesign from June turned out to be a mild success as GLM has enjoyed a small boost in general web traffic more so than we used to get before. The big news is that I'm hoping to have several new features incorporated into the site before the year is out. Some of them relate to user-generated content (you might be able to guess where thats going) while some of the updates pertain to brand new features (no, I'm not telling what they are).
So that's about it in a nutshell. Oh, I encourage everyone to use the 'Discuss' feature on every post - this place just seems to be too quiet. Help me liven it up with a little idle chatter. Cheers!
Thursday: September 24, 2009
- New Google tools allows you to footnote any website.
Sidewiki appears as a field on the left hand side of the browser, where users can post contextual commentary. If it's a site paraphrasing a piece of literature and a user happens to have a link to the full text, it can be added there.
Wednesday: June 24, 2009
- Daily Grind: Quite stupid
Name: Vin (aka transfer putz)
How Vin feels today: Quite stupid @ 9:08:00 AM
What Vin really wants today: To double check and then triple check DNS settings before executing a domain transfer. Also, find a good hiding spot under desk for when the mob comes to get me.
Music Stuck in Head: Backwater / Meat Puppets
Mostly just that trippy bridge part, I really don't know why.
Stuff to do today:
- Research methods in which to avoid lynching
- Call in sick
- Attempt to resolve DNS issue expeditiously
- Move on to other less nausea-inducing topics
- Thank Patrick for helping diagnose a bug with comments on GLM
- Also, congratulate self for first set of inane comments appearing on GLM
- Click here to have a looksie
Tuesday: June 23, 2009
- Daily Grind: Irked
Name: Vin (aka glm fluffer)
How Vin feels today: Irked @ 9:24:00 AM
What Vin really wants today: Work on bug testing skills - continue fixing some annoying GLM bugs that I had thought I were previously fixed.
Music Stuck in Head: 1 vs 100 Theme / Xbox Live
Been playing way too much of this game lately. Thanks Xbox!
Stuff to do today:
- Add more SEO hooks to all posts, see what the outcome is
- Fix issues with encoding of pesky characters on comments
- Remind readers that each and every item on the new GLM can be commented on
- ...and you can even add a badge to give your comment some uh... flair?
- Take suggestions for additional badges