Thursday: April 15, 2010
- Need some icons for your next project? Smashing Magazine is here to help.
Ah, icons - creating them can be a tedious process even for seasoned designers. Luckily, Smashing Magazine has given us all an arsenal of which to start from. Expect to see most of these icons (or slight variations of them) in iPhone apps, productivity software, and/or WordPress themes near you soon.
Monday: April 12, 2010
- Passenger falls asleep on commercial flight, wakes up in empty hangar.
Yes folks, you might want to think twice the next time you catch a quick snooze on the back row of a commercial airline flight. You may end up in a part of the airport that you did not quite expect (or a different destination entirely).
Tuesday: March 30, 2010
- Alternative Easter bunnies through the fuzzy-tailed eye of Photoshop.
Looking at some of these entries brings up joyful memories of that Cadbury bunny try-out commercial which you can watch for yourself over on YouTube. Buck-meow, buck-meow, Buck-ROAR!
Wednesday: March 10, 2010
- World's first jetpack for consumers officially on sale over in New Zealand.
Welcome to the future, here is your jetpack. Oh, we'll need to make sure that your check in the amou nt of $86,000 clears before we can let you just fly away. Buy now and get a free a ballistic parachute with purchase.
Monday: March 8, 2010
- New iPad commercial accidentally reveals some book pricing information.
It's easy to miss just by viewing the ad but the folks over at The Unofficial Apple Blog have spotted a frame of the commercial that indeed shows off some pricing. So, want to know what you'll be paying for books on the iPad? Probably around $12-$14 bucks a pop.
Monday: February 8, 2010
- A collection of all the commercials that were aired during last night's SuperBowl.
This is quite handy since I didn't actually watch any part of the SuperBowl last night. Yet for some strange reason I really enjoy watching expensive advertisements and commercials. Hooray for the Interwebs.
Friday: September 25, 2009
- The twenty-five of the best SNL commercial parodies of all time.
Do not taunt happy fun ball.
Wednesday: September 16, 2009
- Interactive ads coming soon to your television set courtesy of Cablevision.
ORDER EVERYTHING YOU SEE HERE! CLICK HERE NOW! WHY HAVEN'T YOU CLICKED ALREADY? YOU FOLLOWING ME CAMERA GUY? I SAID CLICK HERE NOW!
Friday: September 11, 2009
- Microsoft's new ad for Windows 7 comes with a whole lot of happy.
The ad features a pig, a unicorn, a cat and a mouse. I'm a PC! Take that, Apple!
Monday: July 27, 2009
- Microsoft decides to change commercials per Apple's demands.
...the latest in the series has reportedly been edited to mollify Apple. The one minute 'Lauren and Sue' spot originally had a girl and her mother shopping for a laptop, and the daughter said, 'This Mac is $2,000, and that's before adding anything.'
Thursday: July 23, 2009
- Have a look at some past television commercials from the folks at Pixar.
Shortly before Toy Story, Pixar was forced to create television commercials. The company had been losing money for years and Steve Jobs was hoping to recoop some of the money by having the company produce animated television commercials.
Thursday: July 16, 2009
- Microsoft not taking Apple's legal threats to pull commercials too seriously.
It does seem a little silly what with all the Vista and general PC bashing that Apple did in those 'Get a Mac' ads.
Tuesday: June 23, 2009
- Ten of the funniest video game commercials for your viewing pleasure.
The Zelda rap has to be my favorite.
Thursday: June 18, 2009
- You might be able to travel via supersonic jet again by the year 2015.
The stunning planes with their signature droop noses now sit on display in museums, but the notion of commercial supersonic flight is far from shelved.