Tuesday: October 13, 2009
- Disney retail stores to get an Apple-style overhaul.
The retail reboot will make it easier for consumers to book Disney vacations in stores and will also host a familiar Apple shopping experience. Even the Genius Bar is rumored to get the Disney treatment (read last part of article).
Tuesday: October 6, 2009
- Epic Mickey project confirmed via GameInformer November issue.
Could this be the Fantasia equivalent of a video game from Disney? GameInformer also has a video interview with designer Warren Spector and they promise more info is yet to come.
Monday: September 28, 2009
- Even more plot details surrounding Toy Story 3 surface online (spoiler alert).
The only problem is – during their initial escape attempt – the Space Ranger gets severely damaged. To the point that Woody & friends are forced to hit Lightyear’s reset button. Which then puts Buzz into Spanish-speaking mode.
Wednesday: September 23, 2009
- Photoblog: Benched
A macro shot taken way back in 2007 from a certain Disney theme park, in a certain part of TomorrowLand, on a certain bench across from the Speedway. What can I say, I'm a Disney nerd.Location:
Monday: September 21, 2009
- Watch some footage of Disney pulling the curtain back on Star Tours 2.
The newly revamped Star Wars theme ride will be opening back up in 2011 and will make use of 3D projection technology. Here's to hoping those 3D podraces won't make you too sick.
Tuesday: September 15, 2009
- Title and release date of next Pirates of the Caribbean movie recently announced.
'Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides' will hit movie theaters summer of 2011. Savvy? Plot of the movie rumored to focus around finding the legendary Fountain of Youth (as we last left off with At World's End).
Friday: September 11, 2009
- Some plot details regarding Cars 2 surface online.
It looks like you'll be seeing different races around the world with a little bit spy thriller mixed in for good measure (wasn't a big fan of the original but my kid is obsessed). The sequel will be in theaters summer of 2011.
Thursday: September 10, 2009
- Some additional plot points about Toy Story 3 surface online.
The purported plot: Andy packs up for college, debates bringing Buzz and Woody. Shenanigans occur and somehow all of the toys end up in a daycare center where they are 'horribly abused' by little kids. Ok then.
Tuesday: September 8, 2009
- Makers of Luxo lamp decide to sue Disney and Pixar over mascot usage and name.
The Norwegian company that originally designed the iconic lamp is claiming copyright infringement. It probably doesn't help that Disney is packaging a version of said lamp to sell with the Blu-ray version of 'Up' and that they also have a six-foot animatronic version over at Disney World in Orlando.
Tuesday: September 1, 2009
- The top eleven Disney Marvel movies you'll probably see in the near future.
4. The Absent Minded Professor X
Monday: August 31, 2009
- Disney has just acquired Marvel Entertainment in a deal worth four billion.
Under the deal, Disney will acquire ownership of Marvel including its more than 5,000 Marvel characters. Mr. Perlmutter will oversee the Marvel properties, and will work directly with Disney's global lines of business to build and further integrate Marvel's properties.
Wednesday: August 19, 2009
- Star Tours ride over at Disney World might be getting a giant overhaul.
I've heard rumblings that said revamp will have multiple variations. Riders will get a different experience every time. About bloody time since the ride hasn't been updated since oh, 1987.
Monday: August 17, 2009
- First trailer for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland officially online.
Still looks a bit creepy to me, then creepier still in HD.
Tuesday: August 11, 2009
- A list of America's most kid-friendly cities just for you.
One word: Orlando.
- Blu-ray editions of UP and Monsters, Inc coming out on November 10th.
The real news here is the $45.99 price tag. I'll wait for the non-special edition release, thanks.