Thursday: July 30, 2009
- Have a look at some leaked artwork from 'Epic Mickey' project.
Not sure exactly what kind of video game this will be but it looks really cool.
Friday: July 24, 2009
- Have a peek at the new trailer for Tron Legacy from Comic-Con.
Available in HD goodness as well. Lightcycles!
Thursday: July 23, 2009
- Disney CEO would like you to know Hulu could still charge for content.
Right, this should go over well.
Wednesday: July 22, 2009
- Five Epcot rides that predicted the future and how they hold up today.
I totally forgot all about Horizons and The World of Motion rides. You can probably revisit most of these rides via YouTube (see page 2 of the article for an example).
Monday: July 6, 2009
- Hulu gets some content from Disney in limited arrangements.
CBS is the last of the big players still not riding the Hulu wave.
- Daily Grind: Rested
Name: Vin (aka kevin)
How Vin feels today: Rested @ 9:40:00 AM
What Vin really wants today: To enjoy this nice laid-back feeling for as long as possible.
Music Stuck in Head: Nothing Too Tough / The Backyardigans
The in-car music of choice for the little ones. Multiple times. Every car ride.
Stuff to do today:
- Note that that the latest Pixar offering, UP, was quite enjoyable
- Note that the Disney 3D experience is not all that it's cracked up to be
- ...the effects were kind of neat but overall it kind of degraded the overall definition of the movie
- Stop being such a movie experience nerd
- Speaking of Disney, read up some more technical explanation regarding the monorail crash
- Wait patiently to see what LucasArts has in store today for this 'special announcement' they teased all weekend on Twitter
- My guess is still Grim Fandango
- Obama added to Disney's newly revamped Hall of Presidents attraction.
President Obama spent a few minutes recording his brief speech that will be played when visitors walk into the Hall. The installation of Obama's figure comes after an eight-month makeover was performed on the Hall of Presidents.
- Some more details surface about monorail crash at Walt Disney World.
The crash on the Epcot line in the Magic Kingdom section of the theme park marked the first monorail death there in its 38 years of running. According to Disney, the theme park runs 12 monorail trains, each with 6 cars traveling the 14.7 miles of elevated rail.
Thursday: July 2, 2009
- Five clever ways in which theme parks can bleed you for extra money.
Had no idea Six Flags and Universal charged for the 'fast pass' concept.
Wednesday: July 1, 2009
- The darker side of Disney as explored by the folks at Neatorama.
Disney isn’t always the Happiest Place on Earth. The parks sometimes harbor deep, dark secrets – and we’re not talking the Haunted Mansion or the Tower of Terror.
Wednesday: May 6, 2009
- Disney parks on the lookout for topless riders.
I guess it takes additional effort to enforce family friendly fun in this day and age.