Wednesday: December 19, 2012
- Creators of Zork series to receive Pioneer Award.
If you Google hard enough you can most likely find a web-based version of the original Zork for those of you looking to take a step back into text-adventuring nostalgia. You are still likely to be eaten by a grue.
Wednesday: July 6, 2011
- And we're back... sort of.
Hey folks! It's been awhile hasn't it! Anyone still out there? Really? That's great! So how have you been this past year? That's great! Did you achieve all of the goals you had in mind from July 7th, 2010 until now July 6th, 2011? That's great! Did you get that promotion you were waiting for? That's great! Did you take that vacation you wanted to take that you really needed for sake of well being? That's great! Did you learn a new skill that you've always wanted to take up but never had time? That's great! You know what's also great? Parfaits. They are deliciously great.
All greatness aside, yes I know it's been a while. I decided to dust off my lonely website and give it another go. Speaking of dust, I'm sure you'll find tons of lingering issues, all of which will be corrected shortly. In the meantime, would you like to drop a comment and say hello? That's great!
And even if you don't want to post a comment... you guessed it, that's great!
Monday: January 11, 2010
- Daily Grind: Twitchy
Name: Vin (aka shakey mctwitchy)
How Vin feels today: Twitchy @ 1:38:25 PM
What Vin really wants today: More sleep. Also, more coffee but without the twitchy side effects. Attempt to lessen coffee intake as day progresses.
Music Stuck in Head: Night Moves / Bog Seager
Disturbing yet fitting all at the same time.
Stuff to do today:
- Launch a whole bunch of updates for work related tasks/projects/favors/requests
- Fix several stupid mistakes made due to lack of sleep
- Pat self on back for being smart enough to make backups first
- Prep house for ensuing pipework with chances of dirt/dust clouds that will begin shortly
- ...all of which should be just great for the sinuses
- Buy masks for family
Tuesday: December 15, 2009
- Google phone might break the industry model. Who would've guessed?
But Google's latest plans appear to be aimed at countering that 'closed loop' business model with a product that can run any application on any network -- a tactic that reminds experts of the battles between Microsoft and Apple over computer operating systems in the 1980s.
Monday: November 16, 2009
- IBM now offering cloud computing services too.
IBM, the world's biggest technology services company, has lagged behind younger companies in rolling out cloud services. But it is still early days for the cloud industry, which Gartner Research estimates will ring up sales of about $3.4 billion this year.
Wednesday: November 4, 2009
- Apple would like you to know there are now over 100,000 apps to choose from.
...choose from an incredible range of apps in 20 categories, including games, business, news, sports, health, reference and travel. App Store users have downloaded well over two billion apps, continuing to make it the world’s most popular applications store.
Thursday: October 1, 2009
- Apple's tablet device might turn out quite well for the print industry.
The possible distribution model would involve a DRM’ed “one-time-use” book, which could spell out to lots of money for publishers while reducing pricing of e-books for consumers.
Monday: August 17, 2009
- Eight dirty secrets of the IT security industry.
A good read for my fellow not-so-dirty IT folk out there.
Friday: August 14, 2009
- Video game sales didn't do quite so well in July, industry decline continues.
Sales are down, the software chart is dominated by Wii and DS titles that have been out for years or that continue existing franchises, and Sony needs to do something to energize gamers.
Thursday: July 2, 2009
- Digitizing health records may ultimately save billions of dollars.
Analysts say an estimated $700 billion a year is wasted on unnecessary tests and mistakes that a computerized system could help avoid. Still, hospitals had been reluctant to change due to the up front costs. But industry professionals say the stimulus plan incentives are motivational factors.
Tuesday: June 30, 2009
- Swedish software firm looking to turn Pirate Bay into legal content provider.
'We would like to introduce models which entail that content providers and copyright owners get paid for content that is downloaded via the site,' said Global Gaming Chief Executive Hans Pandeya in a statement.
Wednesday: June 24, 2009
- Intel and Nokia team up to make 'exciting' new mobile computer products.
They really do seem to be quite excited about their partnership.