Tuesday: May 18, 2010
- Square Enix did quite well this year with their multi-million selling titles.
One of those titles happened to be Final Fantasy XIII, a game that literally makes you literally click one button for ten plus hours and nothing else. On the flip side, if you manage to stick it out past the twenty hour mark the game begins to get somewhat enjoyable.
Thursday: February 25, 2010
- Final Fantasy I and II now available for your beloved iPhone and/or iPod Touch.
Buying either game will set you back just nine bucks a piece which isn't so bad when you consider what the Nintendo DS versions of these games are going for. A lot can be said for being able to use tactile buttons though.
Monday: February 8, 2010
- Next Final Fantasy game might have DLC content after all?
Turns out that downloadable content might be available for the next installment of the beloved RPG franchise. Want more proof? It even says so right there on the back of the box.
Monday: January 25, 2010
- Final Fantasy VII remake still not happening anytime soon.
This information comes direct from director and game designer Tetsuya Nomura. Sorry fans, at least you'll always have Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberrus, and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Oh, and don't forget the numerous action figures as well.
Thursday: January 14, 2010
- Square Enix says there was enough leftover content for two Final Fantasy XIII games.
So basically fans can expect a Final Fantasy XIII-2 type of game sometime after the official release of Final Fantasy XIII(-1). Either that or you'll be paying for a whole bunch of DLC content for many years to come. Joy.
Tuesday: December 29, 2009
- Next Final Fantasy game to provide over sixty hours of fun-filled RPG gaming.
This information comes directly from the folks at Square Enix. Get ready to set aside a big block of time for this one (I'll be scheduling out a couple of weekends months in advance - my game play time is limited these days). Remember kids, this comes out state-side on March 9th.
Monday: November 16, 2009
- Release date for Final Fantasy XIII finally unveiled.
There's also a brand new trailer showing off some gameplay footage to go along with said announcement. You'll be playing the next installment of this beloved RPG franchise next year - March 9th, 2010 to be exact.
Monday: November 9, 2009
- Announcement from Square Enix regarding Final Fantasy XIII coming on November 13th.
A mysterious anagram posted to the Square Enix was cracked very quickly via the Interwebs. The unscrambled anagram read 'Announcement Nov Thirteenth'. Hence, the news of an announcement regarding an announcement of a November 13th announcement.
Monday: September 21, 2009
- President of Square Enix predicts brand new Nintendo Wii by 2011.
Mr Wada expected Nintendo to release a new Wii by 2011, with functionality more like that of Microsoft’s Xbox 360 or Sony’s PlayStation 3, and possibly a different controller.
Friday: August 21, 2009
- Yes, Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360 will require a couple of disc changes.
This is not the final count as we’re still working on it, but we’re aiming for about three discs for the Xbox 360 version,' he stated when talking about the number of discs.
Thursday: August 20, 2009
- Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360 is about seventy percent complete.
He said that the game is up and running well on Microsoft's hardware but they have not started the debugging process yet. Work on the english version of the game is also moving along well. Kitase confirmed that all the voice work has now been recorded.