Tuesday: May 18, 2010
- Square Enix did quite well this year with their multi-million selling titles.
One of those titles happened to be Final Fantasy XIII, a game that literally makes you literally click one button for ten plus hours and nothing else. On the flip side, if you manage to stick it out past the twenty hour mark the game begins to get somewhat enjoyable.
Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- Daily Grind: Nerdy
Name: Vin (aka levelup+1)
How Vin feels today: Nerdy @ 2:55:41 PM
What Vin really wants today: Finish up remaining work tasks and attempt to get some time in playing a certain RPG video game that sounds vaguely similar to 'Shminal Shmantasy' at some point this evening. Insert traditional battle victory theme here.
Music Stuck in Head: Call it Love / God Street Wine
Continuing the celebration of the recently announced GSW reunion. You can have a listen to this rare jazzy track over on archive.org.
Stuff to do today:
- Purchase Final Fantasy XIII from semi-local NYC area Best Buy
- Semi-local = four subway stops from work location (meh)
- Ignore reviews complaining about PS3 versus Xbox 360 quality
- Finally post new photo to photoblog
- A review of the Final Fantasy XIII experience, thirty minutes in.
After reading this quick review I now find myself sitting here staring at my newly purchased copy of of Final Fantasy XIII and asking the box questions I know it can't answer. I'll let you know how this all turns out.
Monday: March 8, 2010
- A review of Final Fantasy XIII via the folks over at Wired.
Long story short: some of the elements you've come to know and love in Final Fantasy are simply gone in favor of a much, much more linear story. That aside, I'll still be buying it when it comes out tomorrow. Chocobos!
Thursday: February 25, 2010
- Final Fantasy I and II now available for your beloved iPhone and/or iPod Touch.
Buying either game will set you back just nine bucks a piece which isn't so bad when you consider what the Nintendo DS versions of these games are going for. A lot can be said for being able to use tactile buttons though.
Monday: February 8, 2010
- Next Final Fantasy game might have DLC content after all?
Turns out that downloadable content might be available for the next installment of the beloved RPG franchise. Want more proof? It even says so right there on the back of the box.
Monday: January 25, 2010
- Final Fantasy VII remake still not happening anytime soon.
This information comes direct from director and game designer Tetsuya Nomura. Sorry fans, at least you'll always have Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberrus, and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Oh, and don't forget the numerous action figures as well.
Thursday: January 14, 2010
- Square Enix says there was enough leftover content for two Final Fantasy XIII games.
So basically fans can expect a Final Fantasy XIII-2 type of game sometime after the official release of Final Fantasy XIII(-1). Either that or you'll be paying for a whole bunch of DLC content for many years to come. Joy.
Tuesday: December 29, 2009
- Next Final Fantasy game to provide over sixty hours of fun-filled RPG gaming.
This information comes directly from the folks at Square Enix. Get ready to set aside a big block of time for this one (I'll be scheduling out a couple of weekends months in advance - my game play time is limited these days). Remember kids, this comes out state-side on March 9th.
Monday: November 9, 2009
- Announcement from Square Enix regarding Final Fantasy XIII coming on November 13th.
A mysterious anagram posted to the Square Enix was cracked very quickly via the Interwebs. The unscrambled anagram read 'Announcement Nov Thirteenth'. Hence, the news of an announcement regarding an announcement of a November 13th announcement.
Tuesday: September 29, 2009
- Square Enix would really like to sell a lot of Final Fantasy XIII games.
To be a little more precise, they would really like to sell over six million copies of Final Fantasy XIII worldwide. Of those six million copies, one of which will probably end up in my living room.... when it comes to Xbox 360... in 2010.
Wednesday: September 9, 2009
- Release date for next Final Fantasy game confirmed... in Japan only.
The game will hit stores overseas on December 17th. A version for the rest of us will be released Spring 2010.
Friday: August 21, 2009
- Yes, Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360 will require a couple of disc changes.
This is not the final count as we’re still working on it, but we’re aiming for about three discs for the Xbox 360 version,' he stated when talking about the number of discs.
Thursday: August 20, 2009
- Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360 is about seventy percent complete.
He said that the game is up and running well on Microsoft's hardware but they have not started the debugging process yet. Work on the english version of the game is also moving along well. Kitase confirmed that all the voice work has now been recorded.
Tuesday: June 16, 2009
- An in-depth reevaluation of Final Fantasy VIII.
'In-depth' really doesn't scratch the surface in terms of article depth. Grab a cup of coffee, enjoy the read and then go dust off the old Playstation.