Wednesday: May 12, 2010
- Twenty fresh high-quality free fonts courtesy of the folks from Smashing Magazine.
Every designer knows that it can never hurt to have some quality fonts laying around in your design arsenal for a rainy day. Having too many shitty fonts in your library and using said shitty fonts often, well that's another story.
Friday: March 26, 2010
- Thirty free fonts for that next retro/vintage design you happen to be working on.
Every now and again it's good for a designer to breathe some new life into their beloved font collection. This site lists out thirty new typefaces that you can use to spruce up that project. Go ahead, go have some retro fun.
Monday: November 16, 2009
- Twenty brand new high quality free fonts just for you.
Need some new fonts for your design arsenal? Smashing Magazine is here to the recue to perk up your library. They encourage you to read up license agreements before using these fonts - just in case.
Friday: November 6, 2009
- A collection of the best free fonts of 2009 thus far.
Need some inspiration by way of lettering? These fonts are a great addition to any designer's arsenal of fonts. The fact that they are free is also good. I like free and I'm gueeing you will too.
Wednesday: October 7, 2009
- Daily Grind: Irritated
Name: Vin (aka font changer)
How Vin feels today: Irritated @ 2:33:00 PM
What Vin really wants today: To finish up with some design changes that should not ever be dictated by people who know squat about design. No, not every font on the web should be a graphic so that it can 'look sharper'. Oye.
Music Stuck in Head: Hotel California / Gypsy Kings
I love this version. 'Welcome to zee Hotel Cal-e-forn-ya'
Stuff to do today:
- Note that Shark Tank is semi-enjoyable show
- Also enjoyable when one of the sharks happens to reference a previous employer
- Previous employer let me know that reference was not actually referencing them
- Oh well, at least you can watch it on Hulu
- Continue banging out work projects
- Note that pile is at least 50% smaller than yesterday
- Small piles are good when in comparison to big piles
- Get back to work on clearing piles
Wednesday: August 19, 2009
- Google Adsense to finally let you choose different font faces for ads.
You'll now be able to choose from Verdana, Times New Roman AND Arial. Goodie!
Thursday: July 9, 2009
- Seventeen remarkably professional looking free fonts just for you.
Enjoy, my fellow font hoarders.
Monday: July 6, 2009
- The hazy future of web typography.
An interesting read regarding web typography standards and the challenges within.
Friday: June 19, 2009
- Twenty-five excellent typography tools for the serious designer.
As opposed to twenty-five horrible tools for the silly designer. There isn't a list for that one yet.
Wednesday: June 17, 2009
- Fontalicious compiles a gallery of all the places in which his fonts were actually used.
An interesting group of photos from one of my favorite font artists. If memory serves, most of these fonts (if not all) were available free to the public at one point in time.