Monday: May 10, 2010
- Scientist verifies that the human brain contains a master switch.
Shin believes his discovery may be useful in understanding brain malfunctions such as autism, epilepsy and others. While researching brain function, Shin has previously shown that taking statin drugs to lower cholesterol may actually inhibit some brain function.
- Twelve stylish and creative sinks for your viewing pleasure.
Any sink you come across today will look dated and unappealing after seeing the photos contained on this link. Sure, they may not always be quite as functional as a regular sink but who cares - I've always wanted a sink that resembles a water slide.
Thursday: March 25, 2010
- Looking for a coat hanger that shows off your geek cred? Look no further.
Yet another lovely albeit slightly nerdy addition to any home or office which also happens to be great blend of form and function all at once. These pixelated hanger will set you back just twenty bucks each.
Wednesday: November 25, 2009
- Microsoft decides to make .NET micro framework free and open source.
The gift to the open source community, however, does come with some strings attached -- or, rather, removed from the gift wrapping. Microsoft reduced some of the framework's functionality in making the Software Developer's Kit open source
Monday: November 9, 2009
- Want to know just how much power your brain needs in order to function?
In a nutshell, a robot with a processor as intelligent as the human brain would require at least ten megawatts to operate. By contrast, a dimly lit light bulb takes about just twenty watts and Doc Brown was able to send Marty back to the future via 1.21 gigawatts (1210 megawatts).
Wednesday: October 14, 2009
- Your beloved iPhone may get FM radio functionality with a software update.
This wouldn't be the first time Apple awoke sleeping hardware functionality from its mobile products. Apple sometimes chooses to leave hardware features dormant in their products until they feel the time is right.
Monday: September 14, 2009
- Ten things to do with your Xbox if you happen to get RROD'd.
5. Paint both sides of the console different colors and hang it from the ceiling as a mural. - Use reinforced rope.
Monday: August 24, 2009
- Daily Grind: Sickly
Name: Vin (aka snifflegag)
How Vin feels today: Sickly @ 3:05:00 PM
What Vin really wants today: To go home, drink copious amounts of NyQuil, and then pass out.
Music Stuck in Head: None
The sound of my own coughs and sneezes is enough, thanks.
Stuff to do today:
- Continue testing out additional small functional and cosmetic changes to GLM
- What new changes you ask? Allow me to divulge...
- Thumbnails have 3D-shadowy style instead of the clunky inset one from before
- 'Popular today' functionality on the top of each day's worth of links
- Design should be more 'IE6' friendly as well as more 'lower-resolution-buy-a-new-computer' friendly
- Encourage readers to point out any bugs found by posting a comment to this entry
- Another twenty bucks says no one leaves a comment
- Stop making useless bets with self
Wednesday: June 24, 2009
- Turns out that morning people and night owls have different brain functions.
They found that morning people's brains were most excitable at 9 a.m. This slowly decreased through the day. It was the polar opposite for evening people, whose brains were most excitable at 9 p.m.