Tuesday: May 11, 2010
- Microsoft would like you know that Natal will launch this October.
Get your imaginary baseballs and soccer balls (anything imaginary will do really) ready because Project Natal will be available for your beloved Xbox 360 this October. Microsoft hasn't nailed down an exact date that month but they think they'll have that ironed out by the time E3 rolls around.
- The recently announced Nintendo 3DS will have a 2D switch, just in case.
Details about Nintendo's 3D handheld gaming device have been scarce since it was announced in late March. But the company's president says it will have a feature that lets gamers turn off 3D functionality and play in standard 2D.
Monday: May 10, 2010
- Five awesome indie games for the price of... whatever you want.
Well, this is pretty neat treat for a Monday; you can net yourself five great indie games at whatever price you want and proceeds go to charity (and the devs). I've been hearing great things about these games so this is pretty much a no-brainer for me. And yes, you should pay more than a penny for these. Thanks to Ant for the heads up.
Thursday: April 15, 2010
- Teaser trailer for Space Paranoids Online surfaces on the Interwebs.
I'm not sure if this is an actual upcoming game or if this is just a viral marketing advert for Tron Legacy. Either way, the concept is pretty cool and I'd most likely end up giving it a whirl should it see the light of day.
Monday: April 12, 2010
- The Human Tetris Project just might be the next big social networking gaming craze.
Link points to a video over on ABC's website which goes over exactly what you'll be getting yourself into should you decide to take part in said project. It's an interesting concept and partnership between EA Games and Facebook. Definetly needs more Music A though.
Friday: April 9, 2010
- Multitasking and several other features coming to an iPhone near you.
That certainly was a whopper of an Apple presentation yesterday bringing tons of interesting features to iPhones, iPads, and iPods. I'm very curious to see how their iAds platform does once it is fully available. You can watch the entire presentation over on Apple's website.
- Behold the wondrous evolution that eight of your favorite video games have gone through.
While Mario is a good example of how just far some of these games have come the other examples in this post are equally as interesting. Except for Street Fighter - has that game changed at all since it first came out?
Thursday: April 8, 2010
- Nintendo and Google team up for brand new Wii game. Really?
How it works: Players compete by attempting to guess the popular web search terms. The player with the most correct guesses wins. The hook: It uses Google's search engine.
Thursday: March 25, 2010
- Xbox Game Room online but having issues due to unforeseen overwhelming interest.
Due to overwhelming interest from the community, we understand some people have experienced issues accessing 'Game Room' and purchasing 'Game Room' titles,' Microsoft said. 'We're actively working to resolve the issue, and appreciate your patience.
Tuesday: March 23, 2010
- Nintendo would like you to know that a 3D-capable handheld system is on the way.
No real details yet but Nintendo says that they will definitely have more information by the time this year's E3 expo comes around (this June - just a couple more months). Goodie.
Monday: March 22, 2010
- Five games having something to do about health (in honor of health care reform).
I don't know about you but seeing all the news about health care reform this morning really makes me want to get my Dr. Mario on. So long red virus, so long blue virus!
Thursday: March 18, 2010
- Leaked photo of updated Xbox motherboard hints at upcoming slim version of Xbox 360.
This move would make sense given that Sony already has a much slimmer version of the PS3 compared to the bulky original one that was first announced. And while I don't mind the current design of the Xbox 360, it certainly could stand to lose a few extra pounds.
Wednesday: March 17, 2010
- Ars Technica reviews Sony's much-anticipated motion control scheme for PlayStation 3.
It's bad news when you reveal a product this large, with so much riding on it, and within an hour people are putting down the controller and walking away from the demos.
Thursday: March 11, 2010
- LucasArts announces special edition of Monkey Island 2 coming this summer.
This should be a happy day for all fans of the Monkey Island franchise. The previous special edition of Monkey Island for Xbox 360 (and practically all other major platforms) was a joy to play. Guybrush even has a new haircut this time around.
Wednesday: March 10, 2010
- Rock Band 3 to arrive just in time for this year's holiday season.
Details are scarce at this point but a posting on Rock Band's Facebook page promises to 'innovate and revolutionize the music genre once again, just as Harmonix did with the original Rock Band'.