Thursday: January 7, 2010
- Microsoft to bring classic arcade environment of the eighties into your beloved living room.
According to a company press release, Game Room will be a “place to relive the glory days of arcade games,” complete with a pay-to-play option that charges 40 MS Points (50 cents) per play of one game.
- Project Natal to be available for your Xbox 360 next holiday season.
Controller-free gaming will be yours for the taking sometime before the year is out. There is still no word on how much this thing will cost but you can take comfort in knowing that it will work with all current Xbox 360 systems. Joy.
Monday: January 4, 2010
- Marvel stockholders decide to go ahead and approve the Disney merger.
Disney officially has the rights to over five thousand of your favorite Marvel comic book characters. You can expect to see most of these characters in the next Kingdom Hearts game or at the very least some kind of Disney versus Marvel Street Fighter type game (which actually sounds kind of cool come to think of it).
Wednesday: December 30, 2009
- Google files patent to possibly turn YouTube into some sort of video game service.
An interesting concept but I'd have to see it to believe it. From my personal experience watching many a YouTube video; the less interaction the better. Or this all could just be, as the source article states, another way for Google to inject more advertising into video content.
- Daily Grind: Gross
Name: Vin (aka lozenge boy)
How Vin feels today: Gross @ 1:12:09 PM
What Vin really wants today: To go home and not breath on anything that happens to be a living thing. Seriously, enough with this cold/flu crap.
Music Stuck in Head: Panama / Van Halen
I'm confused. Is this tune about a girl or a car? Or both? What does any of that have to do with Panama? Upon closer analysis, the song is actually about a car. Thank you Wikipedia.
Stuff to do today:
- Take more DayQuil
- Break down and download Dragon's Lair app for iPhone
- This is really quite a nostalgic journey back to the arcade
- Here's a video showing off most of Dirk's many demises on YouTube
- Find a copy of Mad Dog McRee next
Tuesday: December 29, 2009
- Next Final Fantasy game to provide over sixty hours of fun-filled RPG gaming.
This information comes directly from the folks at Square Enix. Get ready to set aside a big block of time for this one (I'll be scheduling out a couple of weekends months in advance - my game play time is limited these days). Remember kids, this comes out state-side on March 9th.
Monday: December 28, 2009
- Fifteen of the most influential games of the decard according to Wired.
I'm not sure if I should be overly proud or overly sad that I have actually managed to play most if not all games on this list this past decade. Is there an achievement for that?
Wednesday: December 16, 2009
- A video game timeline for your viewing pleasure.
I am looking forward to ene day I will explaining to my children just how we played classic video games in my day. 'You mean you have to use your hands? That's like a baby's toy!'.
Monday: December 14, 2009
- Trailer for Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 premiered over the weekend.
I've yet to play the original Batman: Arkham Asylum but I've heard very good things from those who have. Didn't the original game only come out like yesterday? Edit: it came out August 25th of this year. Still, that's a pretty short timeframe.
- LucasArts announces sequel to Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.
To say that I was a big fan of the first game is a bit of an understatement. I'll be buying this the day it comes out which of course has yet to be revealed (2010 is the only date thus far). LucasArts has a high resolution version of the trailer over on their site for those so inclined.
Friday: December 11, 2009
- A collection of the world's most lavish gaming gifts for you to gawk at.
Yes, there is actually company that will come build your very own miniature golf course. Doing so will set your wallet back anywhere from $60,000 to $350,000. Your choice of windmill and/or fiery volcano.
- The top ten Wii games of 2009 according to MSNBC.
My Nintendo Wii has gathered some dust as of late (mostly due to the addition of the Xbox 360 in my household) - perhaps some of these titles can rekindle my interest in the console. Look out 480p, here I come.
Wednesday: December 9, 2009
- Daily Grind: Grumpy
Name: Vin (aka nitpicker)
How Vin feels today: Grumpy @ 2:53:50 PM
What Vin really wants today: To stop agonizing over Photoshop mockups for work and over-analyzing pixel placement. Yes, I'm a little thorough.
Music Stuck in Head: L.A. Woman / The Doors
Mostly because I love shouting gibberish whilst doing a poor Jim Morrison impression. It's comedy gold.
Stuff to do today:
- Download finale for Tales of Monkey Island
- Find time to play said finale
- Attempt to get more holiday shopping done
- Continue threats of embroidered Snuggie blanket for other half
- Find potentially worse gift than that of the Snuggie
- Look around for litter of robotic hamsters
- Tales of Monkey Island finale now available for purchase online.
I'm quite anxious to get my hands on this and play it out just to see how the season ends. Telltale has done a fantastic job with the previous four episodes (especially chapter three - my personal favorite).
Monday: December 7, 2009
- Yes, you can now play Dragon's Lair on your beloved iPhone.
Looking for a trip down memory lane from the glorious days of the now extinct arcade era? If so, you'll probably love playing this little gem for your iPhone. Space Ace is also available for those so inclined.