Thursday: October 15, 2009
- Nintendo still doing quite well selling copies of Wii Fit and Wii Play.
The game beats out the second-place title, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, by nearly 3 million units. Also revealed was that the exercise-encouraging Wii Fit is bearing down on San Andreas, with 7.9 million units to the latter's 8.25 million...
Wednesday: October 14, 2009
- World of Goo on sale for a limited time for whatever price you want it at.
2DBoy pulls a Radiohead and lets you pay whatever you want for the game. I've never actually played World of Goo but this little promotion might persuade me to give it a whirl.
- Ars Technica reviews Brutal Legend, calls it heartbreaking near-miss.
That's a shame, I was really rooting for this game. The demo was thoroughly fun to play from start to finish but apparently some of that gameplay was the best it had to offer.
Tuesday: October 13, 2009
- Season Two of Sam & Max (aka Beyond Time and Space) to hit XBLA this Wednesday.
1600 MS points will get you five episodes of some good ol' point and click adventure gaming. I've heard good things about Season Two although I still haven't quite finished Season One.
Friday: October 9, 2009
- Touch Arcade gets some hands-on time with Rock Band: iPhone.
playing the tracks in the iPhone Rock Band works just like its console big brother in that every note you miss causes the music to be interrupted. This seems to add so much more to the game than just tapping along to a song like other similar games on the platform...
Thursday: October 8, 2009
- IGN leaks out news that Rock Band is heading over to the iPhone.
IGN has apparently gotten some hands-on time with it as well. Anybody remember Phase for the original iPod?
Wednesday: October 7, 2009
- Ten cool modern gaming tables for your viewing pleasure.
This futuristic pool table uses sensors and an overhead projector to create images that follow balls as they bang around the table.
- The top five reasons as to why you might be losing interest in video games.
Sixth point: the game you just bought at full price which did not live up to any of the hype could've been much cheaper to experience via rental.
Tuesday: October 6, 2009
- David Bowie officially joins Rock Band lineup... in LEGO form.
Bowie will also be joined by a LEGO version of Iggy Pop. I'm still not understanding the whole Rock Band / LEGO connection. Perhaps the union is meant to function as a metaphor to emphasize the building blocks of music. Or maybe it's just cross-marketing gone berserk.
- Epic Mickey project confirmed via GameInformer November issue.
Could this be the Fantasia equivalent of a video game from Disney? GameInformer also has a video interview with designer Warren Spector and they promise more info is yet to come.
Friday: October 2, 2009
- The truth behind ten great video game myths.
No, you really can't revive Aeris after Sephiroth takes her out in Final Fantasy VII.
Thursday: October 1, 2009
- Have a peek at Tim Schafer's application to LucasArts circa 1989.
Since I figured I had blown the interview, I had nothing to lose. So I did my cover letter in the form of a semi-graphic adventure. I drew the pictures on my Koala pad, and printed the whole thing out on my Atari 800 dot-matrix printer.
Tuesday: September 29, 2009
- Third chapter from Tales of Monkey Island now available for download.
The most evil-looking doorstop you've ever encountered is back. Some of the reviews I've read go as far to say that Murray even steals the game. Just who is Murray you ask? Beware the clicking madibles of doom!
- Square Enix would really like to sell a lot of Final Fantasy XIII games.
To be a little more precise, they would really like to sell over six million copies of Final Fantasy XIII worldwide. Of those six million copies, one of which will probably end up in my living room.... when it comes to Xbox 360... in 2010.
Monday: September 28, 2009
- IGN gets a sneak peek at the next chapter from Tales of Monkey Island.
Be warned, there are some minor spoilers in the video. So if you don't want to know about a certain demonic talking skull's reappearance in the series then click somewhere else. Oops - ruined it, didn't I?