Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- Daily Grind: Nerdy
Name: Vin (aka levelup+1)
How Vin feels today: Nerdy @ 2:55:41 PM
What Vin really wants today: Finish up remaining work tasks and attempt to get some time in playing a certain RPG video game that sounds vaguely similar to 'Shminal Shmantasy' at some point this evening. Insert traditional battle victory theme here.
Music Stuck in Head: Call it Love / God Street Wine
Continuing the celebration of the recently announced GSW reunion. You can have a listen to this rare jazzy track over on archive.org.
Stuff to do today:
- Purchase Final Fantasy XIII from semi-local NYC area Best Buy
- Semi-local = four subway stops from work location (meh)
- Ignore reviews complaining about PS3 versus Xbox 360 quality
- Finally post new photo to photoblog
Monday: March 8, 2010
- Daily Grind: Fantastic
Name: Vin (aka hat tipper)
How Vin feels today: Fantastic @ 2:11:12 PM
What Vin really wants today: To continue absorption of certain programming material for a certain mobile platform in a certain amount of uncertain time.
Music Stuck in Head: Electrocute / God Street Wine
Mostly in honor of the recent God Street Wine reunion announcement that was just recently posted. Must. Contain. Excitement. Link here for those interested.
Stuff to do today:
- Continue containing excitement
- Attempt to purchase tickets to said reunion shows first
- Seems like it's a good week to be a fan of jambands past and present
- And by 'present' meaning this little Phish link that popped up this week
- Attend movie in full-on Avatar costume for giggles (since it will most likely be in 3D and all)
- Ben Stiller FTW - abandon previous to-do item
- Get back to iPhone development
Thursday: July 12, 2007
- God Street Wine and the Post of Terminal Fandom.
While aimlessly surfing the web this evening I came across this fantastic writeup about my favorite band, God Street Wine. Anyone who knows me outside of a nutshell knows that this is my favorite band. The irony, at least from what I can tell, is that its nobody else's favorite band outside of maybe one or two people (and the rest of the Winos). I was shocked tat one day I actually had to convince a fellow co-worker (and fellow jamband fan) that God Street Wine was not in fact, a Christian rock band (read that again, Inverso). That aside, I probably saw this band over fifty times throughout their career and loved each and every show. The music of the band struck a big chord with me and it still does years after the band stopped playing. So basically I'd like to share this article with all of you along with some YouTube vids that are making me even more nostalgic. Enjoy and happy GSWing.
- God Street Wine - The Best American Band of the 90's
- God Street Wine on Wikipedia - several contributions by your truly
- Archive.org Full Length Shows - listen to this show if any
God Street Wine on Conan O'Brien - tight performance of 'RU4 Real'
Live at The Wetlands - look closely I'm somewhere in that sea of people.
Borderline from 3/1/1998 - no idea where
Live at the Wetlands - The Ballroom