Thursday: August 11, 2011
- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy app coming soon to an iPad near you.
Canadian indie developer Hothead Games is producing a Hitchhikers Guide app, aiming to replicate the titular guide itself (rather than the novels). When it arrives this fall, we can expect beautifully animated sequences describing the Babel Fish and Vogon Poetry -- but just a single word about planet Earth (the addition of the word 'Mostly' should come in a second, more sinister update).
Tuesday: April 13, 2010
- A handy tutorial regarding how to build your very own multi-touch surface device.
if you've got about $1,500 to kick around (and a spare computer) you too can make a surface that happens to be capable of multi-touch. You could also just buy a device that's already capable of multi-touch out of the box (cough cough, iPhone iPad iPod Touch) - but really, where's the fun in that?
Tuesday: March 30, 2010
- Apple posts several guided tour videos for the soon to be released iPad.
Want to know just whats it like to read a e-book on the new iPad? Want to know how you'll be checking your email? Apple now has eleven videos online that demo pretty much everything you need to know and they show off a great deal of the interface and overall aesthetic of the device.
Wednesday: March 10, 2010
- Five must-see museum exhibits to give you an added dose of culture this Spring.
Looking for something different to do on those otherwise boring Spring days? Try stopping by a museum or two this Spring to catch up on some of the finer things (as it relates to art) that you may have been missing.
Thursday: November 19, 2009
- Ten of the coolest train stations around the world for your viewing pleasure.
The recently remodeled Southern Cross Station has a distinctive wavy roof that looks like a mix between metal ant hills and rolling waves. The roof is both distinctive and oddly beautiful, and even has the practical function of dispelling fumes from the tracks bellow.
Monday: November 16, 2009
- The dos and don'ts for buying refurbished electronics.
Some quick tips on whether or not purchasing a refurbished (in some cases slightly used) product is right for you. I'm also of the theory that sticking with a major brand (ie Best Buy, Apple) is a safe bet to make in this case.
Friday: September 25, 2009
- Ten useful usability findings and guidlines from the folks over at Smashing Magazine.
Elements such as layout, consistency, typography, color and style all affect how users perceive your website and what kind of image you project. Your website should project not only a good image but also the right one for your audience.
Thursday: September 24, 2009
- A guide to making the most out of office coffee.
For starters, cleaning the coffee maker every once in a while is probably a good idea.
Friday: September 18, 2009
- Fourteen of the best times to make fourteen major purchases.
The article gives lots of useful information as to what times of year usually hold the best deals for certain major products. As an alternative, you could also just ignore all the article all together and wait for Black Friday (although that won't help with a car or home purchase).
Thursday: September 10, 2009
- A quick guide for parents regarding content blocking technologies.
Parents of young kids who like to frequent the Interwebs will want to skip ahead to page two of the article.
Wednesday: September 9, 2009
- Ten things you should know regarding moving from Windows XP to Windows 7.
A good guide for those thinking about making the big jump. Backup everything beforehand and then proceed to pray.
Thursday: August 20, 2009
- A guide to all of the epic flaws that can be found in the Star Wars universe.
Yes, we can afford slapstick oil and tasers, but we'll never get a 30-cent voice chip past accounting. That's just madness.'
Thursday: August 13, 2009
- A complete guide to Facebook's new privacy features just for you.
Quite handy for those who don't know anything about setting up Facebook with privacy in mind.
Thursday: August 6, 2009
- A short but useful guide to creativity just for you.
A lnice ittle list of things to do to help get those old creative juices flowing again.
Thursday: July 2, 2009
- Seventy-eight photography rules for complete idiots.
A comprehensive guide for all budding photographers out there.