Wednesday: July 6, 2011
- Jack Sparrow may very well sail again in the fifth installment of Pirates franchise.
I have not managed to get out to the theater in quite some time but I have not heard many positive things about 'On Stranger Tides'. Not very suprising since 'At Worlds End' was for the most part disappointing. But this was especially saddening to me after learning that the actual book of which the movie was based on was the inspiration for Monkey Island (one of my favorite video games).
Thursday: March 11, 2010
- LucasArts announces special edition of Monkey Island 2 coming this summer.
This should be a happy day for all fans of the Monkey Island franchise. The previous special edition of Monkey Island for Xbox 360 (and practically all other major platforms) was a joy to play. Guybrush even has a new haircut this time around.
Friday: February 12, 2010
- Tales of Monkey Island now available for Mac users.
Telltale has pulled the curtain back on their 'Mac Revolution'. They are allowing fans to vote on which title will be available for the platform next. This is great news as there is now one less reason I have to use Boot Camp or Parallels on my beloved MacBook.
Friday: January 29, 2010
- Telltale might be porting all of their games over to the Mac in the near future.
This is great news for Mac users if this turns out to be true. It's a little annoying to switch over to my Windows partition just to enjoy these games. There are also rumors that we may see Telltale on the iPad as well.
Wednesday: December 9, 2009
- Tales of Monkey Island finale now available for purchase online.
I'm quite anxious to get my hands on this and play it out just to see how the season ends. Telltale has done a fantastic job with the previous four episodes (especially chapter three - my personal favorite).
Thursday: November 19, 2009
- Season finale from Tales of Monkey Island to be available on December 8th.
You can now purchase each previous episode individually over at Telltale's website. Telltale has done a fantastic job bringing the Monkey Island series back to life, heres to hoping they continue on with a second season.
Friday: October 30, 2009
- Daily Grind: Laid back
Name: Vin (aka notmyjorb)
How Vin feels today: Laid back @ 3:56:00 PM
What Vin really wants today: For this day to be over so I can get to some important Halloween activities which consist mainly of eating copious amounts of candy until I explode.
Music Stuck in Head: Run this Town / The Apples
Discovered some great new music while listening to The Bunny. This is really good stuff, you can find it on iTunes.
Stuff to do today:
- Finalize 'costume' for Halloween trick or treating candy grab
- Costume is in quotes because there is no costume actually prepared
- Go as BookFace
- Sign up for Sirius /XM trial so I can listen in on Festival 8 this weekend
- Find time to play new chapter of Tales from Monkey Island as well
- When it finally becomes available
- Fourth episode from Tales of Monkey Island series due out today.
Handed over to De Singe by the backstabbing Morgan LeFlay, Guybrush is seized by an angry mob and put on trial! With a silk-tongued prosecutor in his face and a hangman's noose dangling over his neck, Guybrush must figure out how to defend himself against grave accusations.
Tuesday: September 29, 2009
- Third chapter from Tales of Monkey Island now available for download.
The most evil-looking doorstop you've ever encountered is back. Some of the reviews I've read go as far to say that Murray even steals the game. Just who is Murray you ask? Beware the clicking madibles of doom!
Monday: September 28, 2009
- IGN gets a sneak peek at the next chapter from Tales of Monkey Island.
Be warned, there are some minor spoilers in the video. So if you don't want to know about a certain demonic talking skull's reappearance in the series then click somewhere else. Oops - ruined it, didn't I?
Friday: September 18, 2009
- Telltale giving away first episode of Tales of Monkey Island on Saturday.
What better way to celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day than with an added dose of Monkey Island. 'Launch of the Screaming Narwhal' can be yours at midnight tonight for free. There is also a deal on the full series as well (five bucks off). I heart Telltale.
Thursday: September 17, 2009
- Some concept art for next episode of Tales of Monkey Island emerges online.
That's one big manatee. Also of note, the next episode of the series titled 'Lair of the Leviathan' is scheduled to arrive on September 29th. Here's to hoping that we'll see the triumphant return of Murray the Demonic Talking Skull.
Thursday: August 20, 2009
- Next episode from Tales of Monkey Island due out at some point today.
Find out what happens to gaming's most beloved pirate after the cliffhanger from chapter one. UPDATE: episode now up!
Wednesday: August 19, 2009
- Daily Grind: Energetic
Name: Vin (aka link posting madman)
How Vin feels today: Energetic @ 2:22:00 PM
What Vin really wants today: Figure where this burst of energy has suddenly come from, maximize full coding potential from said burst.
Music Stuck in Head: Beverly Hill / Weezer
Mostly because it was on a recommended list of songs to get kids into music (I kid you not).
Stuff to do today:
- Note excitement for new Monkey Island episode coming out tomorrow
- Video preview is pretty funny
- Note video makes a little bit more sense if you've played through first episode
- ...also helps if you are a fan of the series
- Move onto other topics
- Figure out way to encourage people to comment more on GLM
- Better content? Better badges? Create logins?
- Suggestions appreciated
- Twenty bucks says no one comments on this post
Friday: August 7, 2009
- Tales of Monkey Island: Chaper Two coming out August 20th.
Telltale's blog post has a larger version of a debut screenshot from the next episode. Can't wait to play it!