Wednesday: November 9, 2011
- Bret Victor's not-so-brief rant on the future of interaction design.
If you haven't seen Microsoft's video entailing what they think the future of technology holds, you should watch it (readily available on source URL as an embedded clip). So watch that video and then read Victor's thoughts on the matter. That being said, I do have a minor point of contention. I did get some hands-on time with a Kinect-enabled Xbox 360 this past weekend and it was a fun, dare I say, semi-magical experience. I highly reccomend Double Fine's Once Upon a Monster (even the demo is fun).
Tuesday: April 6, 2010
- Turns out that most iPad owners already own an iPhone or another Mac. Who knew?
About 66 percent of those surveyed said that they currently own an iPhone. A whopping 99 percent of those iPhone owners say they will use their handset in conjunction with the iPad.
Monday: March 22, 2010
- Palm not doing so well these days thanks to poor sales and lagging stock.
Analysts and news outlets already seem to running a countdown on just when exactly Palm will go belly up and call it day. I wonder which major company will rise to the occasion and snatch up Palm for themselves should that event arise.
Thursday: February 25, 2010
- Joystiq gets some hands-on time with Metroid: Other M.
Nintendo has announced that the sequel will be available on June 27th and is a direct sequel to Super Metroid from the Super Nintendo days. The action is blend of side-scrolling 2D and some first-person shooter 3D. I'm sold, sign me up. More screenshots available on Joystiq.
Thursday: January 7, 2010
- Project Natal to be available for your Xbox 360 next holiday season.
Controller-free gaming will be yours for the taking sometime before the year is out. There is still no word on how much this thing will cost but you can take comfort in knowing that it will work with all current Xbox 360 systems. Joy.
Wednesday: October 28, 2009
- Ars Technica gets some hands-on time with New Super Mario Brothers Wii.
It's simple to pick up and play, meaning this is a game for Mario fans as well as their children. Or their wives and fathers. It's going to be hard to find a demographic that won't fall in love with this game, actually... notwithstanding cynical PC gamers.
Friday: October 2, 2009
- The Apple tablet may make use of both of your hands for touch input.
The described system in the patent application would individually detect all ten fingers and separate palms on a person's hand, giving the ability to type, write, draw and interact with a device large enough to support multiple hands.
Monday: September 21, 2009
- World record for longest handshake now stands at twelve hours.
That's a lot of handshaking and somehow Hulk Hogan managed to get involved with this as well. WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE HANDSHAKE RUNS WILD ON YOU? Believe it, brother.
Tuesday: September 8, 2009
- An informative writeup on what the world was like before Apple introduced the iPhone.
This list too could go on. But it’s sobering to remember that a single device by a company with zero experience in the industry and against all odds caused such a tidal wave of change.
Thursday: July 30, 2009
- Forbes would like you to know about the eleven ways in which you can spot a liar.
Covers specific phrasing and gestures that might tip you off to a lie. Thanks Forbes!