Wednesday: December 12, 2012
- Merry Dukemas! Gog.com giving away Duke Nukem 3D for the holidays.
I have fond memories of playing Duke Nukem 3D in college as it was my first real networked game with my fellow nerd-type college friends that we could all partake in. Mind you this was way before your traditional online multiplayer we know today, before the Halos and Call of Duties, and way before kids screaming obscenities at other adults through Xbox headsets were the norm. I'm surprised to see that the game still holds up well jaggy pixels and all. Hey, you can even snag a Mac port of the game - hurry offer ends while supplies last (you have until December 14 and supplies won't run out).
Wednesday: February 17, 2010
- Microsoft decides to go with AT&T for their upcoming Windows 7 phone.
Interesting move considering how much AT&T is bashed for their poor and spotty coverage as it relates to all things iPhone. Although, I have to admit I've never had a real issue with AT&T in terms of service here in the NYC suburbs. Maybe I have a magical account.
Thursday: January 7, 2010
- Project Natal to be available for your Xbox 360 next holiday season.
Controller-free gaming will be yours for the taking sometime before the year is out. There is still no word on how much this thing will cost but you can take comfort in knowing that it will work with all current Xbox 360 systems. Joy.
Tuesday: December 29, 2009
- The iPod Touch beat out iPhone sales for the first time this holiday season.
It appears that an influx of new iPod Touch devices has flooded the market over Christmas,' Flurry reports, 'and that users of the handset, primarily pre-teen and teen audiences, are voracious downloaders.
Thursday: December 24, 2009
- A handy tutorial on how to make your very own anti-gravity Christmas tree stand.
The first step contains a reworked version of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' to go along with the tutorial. Perhaps I'll ditch the fake tree for this option instead next year.
- NORAD will be tracking Santa's journey once again.
The agency says it uses radar to first track Santa as he lifts off from the North Pole. After liftoff, satellites with infrared sensors that detect heat can pick up the infrared signature given off by Rudolph’s nose.
Wednesday: December 23, 2009
- The top ten Christmas carols of the 2009 holiday season just for you.
A very entertaining collection of carols for the whole family. Be sure to use these when caroling around the neighborhood, you'll be sure to elicit some kind of reaction from families and friends. Merry holidays.
- The top eleven signs that you've received a Christmas card from a geek.
4. It contains an in-depth explanation of why the picture of Santa delivering toys on the front represents an impossibility.
Tuesday: December 22, 2009
- Barnes & Noble offers up consolation gift for those who won't receive their Nook by Christmas.
He guesses the company will miss shipment on about 2% to 4% of the devices, adding up to $100,000 to $200,000 worth of gift certificates. That’s store credits and not cash, so Barnes & Noble will no doubt recoup some of that investment.
Monday: December 21, 2009
- Unlikely holiday movies through the festive eye of Photoshop.
You may actually see some of these movies on a prime time station if the networks feel they could get some decent ratings. I mean c'mon, A Merry Madagascar?
Tuesday: December 15, 2009
- The top eleven signs that you bought the wrong gift this year.
6. After opening, it gets smashed in your face repeatedly, and that's not its intended purpose.
Monday: December 14, 2009
- The top ten signs you're already having a bad holiday season.
7. Need two hands to count number of times you were electrocuted by Christmas lights.
Friday: December 11, 2009
- Apple offers up a free holiday sampler in the iTunes Store just for you.
'Sampler' in my opinion, is the wrong word in this case as Apple is essentially giving away TWENTY tracks of free holiday music. Head on over to iTunes and snatch this up while it's still available. You'll get to hear Weezer do a rocking rendition of 'We Wish You a Merry Christmas'.
Thursday: December 10, 2009
- An extensive gallery of the most obnoxious holiday light decorations for you to gawk at.
Looking at these photos may cause an intese desire to go watch Christmas Vacation... multiple times. 'Is your house on fire, Clark?' 'No, Aunt Bethany, those are the Christmas lights.'
Tuesday: December 8, 2009
- A quick tutorial on how to make your very own papercraft Christmas tree.
Complete this tutorial to show your co-workers just how 'crafty' you really are. Be sure to laugh maniacally when they ask you this question. It simply adds to the overall effect.