Sunday: December 9, 2012
- Telltale's episodic adapation of The Walking Dead wins Game of the Year award.
If you haven't played any games from Telltale now would be a good time to start. I've been a big fan of Telltale early on as they managed to take some classic yet seemingly abandoned LucasArts franchises (Sam and Max, Monkey Island) and restore them with new storylines and fun adventures. That being said, I've heard wonderful things about their latest offering with Kirkman's series and how it takes adventure gaming to an entirely different level. Truth be told, I haven't tried out The Walking Dead yet but I plan to in the near future. Congratulations to the entire Telltale Games team!
Friday: July 29, 2011
- Some self-help advice for those of you looking to improve upon your self-improvement needs.
I've been reading a lot of Coding Horror lately. This particular post resonated with me a lot more than I initially thought it would. It might be because there is a lot of noise these days (read Internet noise: twitter, facebook, work emails, etc) to distract me from a given task at hand (either that or my perpetual procrastination). If you happen to be in need of some motivational advice this will prove to be a good read.
Friday: October 30, 2009
- Eleven of the best Simpsons 'Treehouse of Horror' stories.
What is this, some kind of tube? We are merely exchanging long protein strands. Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos. I could go on all day. END COMMUNICATION.
- Everyday Halloween horror through the horrible eye of Photoshop.
Some classic scary movie monsters and characters placed in settings that you'd least expect to find them. Now let's put a smile on that face, Forrest.
Wednesday: October 28, 2009
- Daily Grind: Systematic
Name: Vin (aka worky mcworksalot)
How Vin feels today: Systematic @ 1:46:00 PM
What Vin really wants today: Continue plugging away at work-related projects and tasks then try to make time for actually working on things that are not work-related. All work and non-work play makes Vin uh... something something.
Music Stuck in Head: Another Disaster / The Samples
Mostly because of the gloomy weather. Blah.
Stuff to do today:
- Fix work issue number one
- Backup code and all iterative versions of said code
- Make some time for self to watch Treehouse of Horror on Hulu
- Watch other Halloween-related shows for good measure
- Wired has a handy list in case you need further inspiration
- Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin is still a personal fav
- Nobody cares about my personal favs
- The top ten signs that you're watching a bad ghost movie.
6. Ghost torments people by making delicious paella and not sharing it.
Wednesday: June 17, 2009
- Twenty horror movie clichés that won't be going away anytime soon.
Article cites numerous helpful examples as well.