Friday: July 8, 2011
- Full-scale replica of Carl's floating house from Pixar's UP for sale over in Utah.
This is a clever marketing tactic by some savvy real estate developers (with Pixar's blessing). Had this been in New York I would've headed over to it in a heartbeat to tour it with the kids. On a sadder note, the balloons do not come with the house. Although you could get yourself a Golden Retriever, name it Dug, and call it day.
Tuesday: May 11, 2010
- Fifteen things about Star Trek that you may not have previously known about.
I had no idea that a) the main tag line of Star Trek (to boldy go, yadda yadda) was lifted from a White House pamphlet on space exploration and b) the entire sentence is grammatically incorrect. Lets hear it for split infinitives!
Tuesday: April 13, 2010
- Season finale of House filmed entirely via a Canon 5D Mark II digital camera.
This is quite an endorsement for Canon, with a network giant entrusting the finale of one of its most popular shows to the 5D Mark II (which happens to be the first digital camera to take the Presidential portrait as well).
Thursday: February 25, 2010
- Fifteen house plants that you can also use as air purifiers.
The Areca has the ability to maintain your office or home moist throughout dry periods as well as continually removing chemical toxins from your air. In the course of the winter season, it’s so effective at putting moisture back in the air that you could switch off your electric humidifiers!
Monday: January 11, 2010
- State of the Union will not interrupt the premier of LOST after all.
The power of the Interwebs was enough to sway White House officials to have President Obama deliver his speech on a different night. Congratulations Interwebs, you make us all very proud.
Friday: January 8, 2010
- State of the Union address will not disrupt season premier of Lost says White House.
typically delivered in late January, and networks anticipated this year's speech would fall on Jan. 26. The date, however, appears to be in flux, and news that the president may deliver the speech on Feb. 2, the date of the 'Lost' season premiere, set off a flurry of Internet protests.
Monday: November 2, 2009
- Thirty creative candle designs for your viewing pleasure.
No household is complete without a candle in the shape of cheese wedge. The chalkboard candles come in at a close second simply for their added functionality.
Friday: October 30, 2009
- Eleven of the best Simpsons 'Treehouse of Horror' stories.
What is this, some kind of tube? We are merely exchanging long protein strands. Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos. I could go on all day. END COMMUNICATION.
Wednesday: October 28, 2009
- Daily Grind: Systematic
Name: Vin (aka worky mcworksalot)
How Vin feels today: Systematic @ 1:46:00 PM
What Vin really wants today: Continue plugging away at work-related projects and tasks then try to make time for actually working on things that are not work-related. All work and non-work play makes Vin uh... something something.
Music Stuck in Head: Another Disaster / The Samples
Mostly because of the gloomy weather. Blah.
Stuff to do today:
- Fix work issue number one
- Backup code and all iterative versions of said code
- Make some time for self to watch Treehouse of Horror on Hulu
- Watch other Halloween-related shows for good measure
- Wired has a handy list in case you need further inspiration
- Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin is still a personal fav
- Nobody cares about my personal favs
Tuesday: October 27, 2009
- Daily Grind: Adventurous
Name: Vin (aka mr fixit)
How Vin feels today: Adventurous @ 1:56:00 PM
What Vin really wants today: To fix my household plumbing problems without actually calling in a plumber. Update: fixed one problem and created another as I am a plumbing terror.
Music Stuck in Head: Siamese Cat Song / Lady and the Tramp
Mostly due to the fact that I had to watch this flick multiple times during the course of my three old's bout with the flu. Go on, have a look - it'll be stuck in your head too afterward.
Stuff to do today:
- Debate whether or not to get flu shot despite being sick with flu-like symptoms last week
- Previous item is understatement as entire household was sick with flu-like symptons
- Flu shot = added protection?
- Consult with nurse before getting said shot
- Buy more plumbing supplies
Monday: October 26, 2009
- The White House website code is now open source.
Having the public write code may seem like a security risk, but it's just the opposite, experts inside and outside the government argued. Because programmers collaborate to find errors or opportunities to exploit Web code, the final product is therefore more secure.
Monday: September 28, 2009
- Daily Grind: Calm
Name: Vin (aka shaggy)
How Vin feels today: Calm @ 1:18:00 PM
What Vin really wants today: Enjoy a quiet Monday at the office due to the holiday. Attempt to get a leg up on some upcoming work projects.
Music Stuck in Head: Nothing
...and it's kind of nice actually.
Stuff to do today:
- Convert some non-compatible iPod movies to compatibile versions with iTunes 9
- Converting... converting... converting...
- Holy crap, this is taking a long time
- Twiddle thumbs
- Start drawing up new DotComic strip for this week
- Note that season premier of Dexter was pretty good, creepy as always, but pretty good
- Thank Showtime for showing more than enough of John Lithgow for one week
- Post-rehab House should be interesting tonight as well
- Note that overall Fall television programming so far has been pretty entertaining
- Even Heroes was borderline decent
Monday: August 24, 2009
- The White House officially has a million plus followers on Twitter.
'What would you like to see more of from this feed? Photos? Quotes? Cowbell? Tell us @whitehouse.'
Friday: July 31, 2009
- The top ten things overheard at the White House beer summit.
5) I don't want to freak anybody out, but I just saw Nixon walking down the hall.
Monday: July 27, 2009
- Twitter officially banned for White House staff users.
A little strange given the fact that the White House already has an active Twitter account.