Tuesday: December 18, 2012
- TIME pulls the curtain back on short list for 2012 Person of the Year.
All eight candidates appeared on TIME’s online reader poll, but none took first place. TIME’s online voters have already revealed their choice for this year’s top newsmaker: Kim Jong Un. More than 5.6 million people voted for the supreme leader of North Korea, although his results and those of other high scorers got a boost from members of Internet forums like 4Chan.
Friday: July 8, 2011
- Thirty interesting 404 pages for all of you web design nerds out there.
Leaving this here only because I need to come up with a suitable 404 page myself and happened to be scouring the web for some inspiration. So yes, this is relevant to my interests at this given moment in time. The dead Link one should get some get some kind of award.
Monday: May 10, 2010
- Google just might be your new online travel agent thanks to potential new acquisitions.
Google also is reportedly in talks to pay $1 billion to acquire ITA Software, which develops fare-shopping software for online travel agencies, airlines and fare-search-only sites, such as Bing Travel and Kayak.
Thursday: March 4, 2010
- Twelve very creative home wallpapers for your viewing pleasure.
If pixelated wallpaper isn't your thing there are ton of other interesting designs listed over on the other side of the click. The color palette/wallpaper idea sounds like a fun weekend project as Home Depot sure doesn't seem to mind the taking of those free swatch colors (you may need multiple trips to get away with it though).
Wednesday: February 10, 2010
- Twenty-one unbelievable photos of Mars for your Martian viewing pleasure.
Behold the wondrous splendor of Martian landscapes in all their strange atmospheric glory. After viewing these photographs I have a strange desire to go watch Total Recall. Two weeks!
Monday: January 25, 2010
- Google founders planning to sell off their majority controlling stock by 2014.
Page and Brin currently control 59 percent of the voting power of Google's stock, according to Friday's filing. By the time they have disposed of all the shares involved in the plan, they will control 48 percent of the voting power of Google's stock.
Friday: January 8, 2010
- Palm pulls the curtain back on phones that can create personal wifi hotspots.
Palm says the application will give customers the option of creating a personal Wi-Fi cloud capable of sharing Verizon's 3G network with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
Wednesday: December 16, 2009
- Survey finds that television still more popular than the Interwebs for entertainment.
Yes, we all still turn to the television as the ultimate source of diversion. A staggering eighty percent of the survey claim to watch more than ten hours of non-movie television a week.
Monday: December 7, 2009
- FCC quite curious about some of Verizon's questionable fees.
There's much more along these lines. The FCC also wants a detailed accounting of the 'the cost differentials that Verizon pays for advanced devices over what it charges its customers.'
Friday: November 20, 2009
- Sony to unveil a brand new digitial distribution service sometime in 2010.
Sony plans to launch a new online service to distribute movies, music, books and other content to network-capable TVs, Blu-ray players, ebooks and others in a bid to add value to its hardware.
Monday: November 16, 2009
- Green Mountain Coffee decides to up and acquire Timothy's Coffees.
For those who don't know, Green Mountain Coffee are the geniuses behind the Keurig K-cup design for quick (and painless) single-cup coffee brewing. This is a smart move since Timothy's always had a more interesting flavor set anyway (as evidenced by the thumbnail over on the left).
Monday: November 9, 2009
- Kraft would really like to get their hands on that elusive Cadbury bunny.
Kraft now has 28 days to post its official offer document to Cadbury shareholders, which will then trigger the 60-day bid timetable under British takeover rules. That would mean Kraft would know if it has won over Cadbury shareholders right around Valentine's Day.
Wednesday: November 4, 2009
- Twelve of the coolest MP3 players you'll see today.
Your PEZ dispenser, while serving as a great vessel for your sugary candies, can also double as a 512 megabyte MP3 player. Want one of your own? Turns out thet PEZ people found out that selling candy was more profitable than candy-dispensing MP3 players. Oh well.
Tuesday: October 6, 2009
- Mini-Stonehenge recently discovered a couple miles away from original Stonehenge.
I love how National Geographic not only references Spinal Tap in the article, but they do so in the very first sentence.
Friday: September 11, 2009
- Some interesting factoids regarding what would happen if you printed the entire Internet.
Yes, you'd be killing quite a few trees in the process.