Sunday: December 9, 2012
- Rumors swirling that Disney's Hollywood Studios will be getting a Radiator Springs makeover.
While this news is by no means official it sounds like a formal announcement may be right around the corner. Full disclosure: I am a gigantic Disney nerd. My kids, by association, are also gigantic Disney nerds. But they also happen to be huge fans of the Cars movies. Ask us to recite any line and you'll hear the whole movie. The recently opened Cars Land in California has been met with postivive reviews from fans and non-fans of the franchise. Being that we reside on the East Coast, a trip to Florida is way more feasible than a trip out to California. Ka-chow!
Thursday: August 11, 2011
- National Geographic has some stunning photos of New Zealand for your viewing pleasure.
Posting this here in case anyone needs some travel inspiration. Now I've never actually been to New Zealand but these pictures sure are pretty. Also, this destination would be a good trip for you die-hard Lord of the Rings fans out there (all of the movies were shot in New Zealand).
Friday: July 15, 2011
- National Geographic provides a top ten list for pretty much any travel idea.
Thinking of a planning a boat trip in Venice? Want to visit some famous boardwalks all across the United States? Whatever it is you happen to be looking for chances are you'll at least find a little travel inspiration with one these lists. Personally, I enjoy looking at some of these exotic beach locales (as evidenced by the chosen thumbnail).
Wednesday: July 6, 2011
- Jack Sparrow may very well sail again in the fifth installment of Pirates franchise.
I have not managed to get out to the theater in quite some time but I have not heard many positive things about 'On Stranger Tides'. Not very suprising since 'At Worlds End' was for the most part disappointing. But this was especially saddening to me after learning that the actual book of which the movie was based on was the inspiration for Monkey Island (one of my favorite video games).
Thursday: March 11, 2010
- LucasArts announces special edition of Monkey Island 2 coming this summer.
This should be a happy day for all fans of the Monkey Island franchise. The previous special edition of Monkey Island for Xbox 360 (and practically all other major platforms) was a joy to play. Guybrush even has a new haircut this time around.
Wednesday: March 10, 2010
- World's first jetpack for consumers officially on sale over in New Zealand.
Welcome to the future, here is your jetpack. Oh, we'll need to make sure that your check in the amou nt of $86,000 clears before we can let you just fly away. Buy now and get a free a ballistic parachute with purchase.
Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- Toy Story attraction over at Disney adapts for seasons and/or new movie releases.
That's right, when you go inside to ride Mania after Toy Story 3 opens there will be whole new games to enjoy. The Imagineers have created a whole new collection of things to shoot with those pull string cannons for you to enjoy.
Thursday: March 4, 2010
- Latest MacHeist bundle brings cheap software and adventure gaming to your Mac.
The fact that the recently released Mac version of Tales of Monkey Island is included in this bundle makes the entire deal worthwhile (assuming the number of purchases surpasses 50,000 - it probably will). The entire bundle will set you back just twenty bucks and you'll end up with some other neat apps as well.
Monday: February 22, 2010
- Space shuttle Endeavour lands safely at Kennedy Space Center.
Astronauts Bob Behnken and British-born Nicholas Patrick conducted three spacewalks during the mission, racking up a total of 18 hours, 14 minutes outside the orbiting outpost.
Friday: February 12, 2010
- Tales of Monkey Island now available for Mac users.
Telltale has pulled the curtain back on their 'Mac Revolution'. They are allowing fans to vote on which title will be available for the platform next. This is great news as there is now one less reason I have to use Boot Camp or Parallels on my beloved MacBook.
- Putting landmines in your garden probably not the smartest security measure.
Landmines? Seriously? Why not just build a bigger fence? It also begs the question as to what was in this garden that needed the additional explosive power of landmines as security. Maybe he figured out how to harvest a money tree.
Monday: January 11, 2010
- Some beautiful Tundra landscape photos for your viewing pleasure.
This post also serves to let you all know that National Geographic has just recently given their beloved website a bit of facelift. It's nice to see that their photography now plays a much prominent role on their overall website design.
Wednesday: December 9, 2009
- Daily Grind: Grumpy
Name: Vin (aka nitpicker)
How Vin feels today: Grumpy @ 2:53:50 PM
What Vin really wants today: To stop agonizing over Photoshop mockups for work and over-analyzing pixel placement. Yes, I'm a little thorough.
Music Stuck in Head: L.A. Woman / The Doors
Mostly because I love shouting gibberish whilst doing a poor Jim Morrison impression. It's comedy gold.
Stuff to do today:
- Download finale for Tales of Monkey Island
- Find time to play said finale
- Attempt to get more holiday shopping done
- Continue threats of embroidered Snuggie blanket for other half
- Find potentially worse gift than that of the Snuggie
- Look around for litter of robotic hamsters
- Tales of Monkey Island finale now available for purchase online.
I'm quite anxious to get my hands on this and play it out just to see how the season ends. Telltale has done a fantastic job with the previous four episodes (especially chapter three - my personal favorite).
Thursday: November 19, 2009
- Season finale from Tales of Monkey Island to be available on December 8th.
You can now purchase each previous episode individually over at Telltale's website. Telltale has done a fantastic job bringing the Monkey Island series back to life, heres to hoping they continue on with a second season.