Thursday: December 13, 2012
- The Verge reviews The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and finds some unexpected issues.
Rather than the majestic grandeur presented in the first films, the new entry looks more like a Renaissance Faire recreation shot on your brother's mini-DV camera. It's most jarring in the movie's opening, where we briefly visit Frodo and Bilbo in the moments leading up to Fellowship; we know what these characters in that world should look like, and it simply feels wrong.
Monday: July 11, 2011
- Start your week off with a smile and journey over to Isengard with your pal Saruman.
Make sure that you are not drinking any sort of mead or eating Elven bread whilst watching this quick video. It may travel as far Rohan before settlling near the white tree of Gondor before being expunged from your nose. Interesting to note that Saruman can add trolls to the list of creatures once bred at Isengard.
Tuesday: December 15, 2009
- Lord of the Rings trilogy will be available on Blu-ray next April.
The April release is just for the standard theatrical cuts and not the extended editions. The extended editions are expected sometime in 2011 closer to the release of The Hobbit.
Monday: December 14, 2009
- Six Lord of The Ring characters who totally dropped the ball.
He has his human enemy on the ground at his feet. One enemy, with tens of thousands at his back. He then sloooowly reaches out with his ringed hand, allowing his finger to get chopped off. The ring is detached, he dies, his entire empire collapsing with it.
Friday: November 20, 2009
- A collection of twenty geek-inspired engagement rings for you to gawk at.
I am shocked (shocked, I tell you) that this list is missing what is quite possibly the geekiest engagement ring of all time. Blasphemy I say - there can only be one ring to rule them all.
Thursday: September 24, 2009
- Ian McKellen to reprise role as Gandalf the Grey in 'The Hobbit'.
'If you play a part that gets an awful lot of attention,' he explained, 'forever after you're being asked by directors to play the same part in their movie. But I played the best wizard, and I'm happy to revisit him, which I shall do in The Hobbit with Guillermo del Toro.
Wednesday: September 9, 2009
- Hobbit movie a go as Tolkien Trust reaches settlement with New Line.
Terms of the settlement, announced Tuesday, were confidential. The trust noted that the settlement allows the New Line/MGM films based on Tolkien's 'The Hobbit' to go forward without legal challenge.
Monday: August 3, 2009
- Middle Earth circa 2009 through the magical eye of Photoshop.
Ever wonder what society would be like if mystical creatures really existed? What if trolls, faeries, unicorns, dragons, witches, sorcerers, golems, elves, or any other known mystical fantasy creature were still around today mixing with the human element?
Friday: June 19, 2009
- The Hobbit may or may not feature Hugo Weaving.
Looks like he's willing to do it though, if he happens to get the call.