Monday: December 10, 2012
- Upcoming Star Wars 1313 video game getting some helping hands from all facets of LucasFilms.
Now that Disney has acquired LucasArts some interesting news is starting to trickle out regarding their games division. It seems that all of the different entities under LucasFilms such as Industrial Light and Magic, Skywalker Sound, Lucas Animation, and LucasArts are all collobarating on this next generation title. Star Wars 1313 will take place in the seedy underbelly of Corsuscant which alone sounds like an interesting premise. Whatever does come out of this Disney/Lucas effort it will most likely be better than The Force Unleashed 2 by default (zing).
Thursday: March 11, 2010
- LucasArts announces special edition of Monkey Island 2 coming this summer.
This should be a happy day for all fans of the Monkey Island franchise. The previous special edition of Monkey Island for Xbox 360 (and practically all other major platforms) was a joy to play. Guybrush even has a new haircut this time around.
Monday: December 14, 2009
- LucasArts announces sequel to Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.
To say that I was a big fan of the first game is a bit of an understatement. I'll be buying this the day it comes out which of course has yet to be revealed (2010 is the only date thus far). LucasArts has a high resolution version of the trailer over on their site for those so inclined.
Thursday: October 1, 2009
- Have a peek at Tim Schafer's application to LucasArts circa 1989.
Since I figured I had blown the interview, I had nothing to lose. So I did my cover letter in the form of a semi-graphic adventure. I drew the pictures on my Koala pad, and printed the whole thing out on my Atari 800 dot-matrix printer.
Monday: September 14, 2009
- LucasArts pulls the curtain back on new puzzle game.
An interesting looking puzzle/platformer coming to XBLA and PC this October. Have a look at some gameplay footage that was recently posted. It's so nice to see LucasArts churning out games that are not entirely Star Wars related.
Thursday: July 23, 2009
- Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition officially available for iPhone.
The onslaught of Monkey Island can not be stopped! Now just bring Tales over to XBLA and I'm all set.
Monday: July 20, 2009
- Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition for iPhone accidentally confirmed via Google.
Not a real shocker (LucasArts did drop a couple hints via Twitter) but good news nonetheless.
Wednesday: July 15, 2009
- Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition now available on Xbox Live.
One the most beloved classic adventure games ever to grace a computer screen now available in glorious HD. Welcome back, Guybrush. Help GLM get written into Telltale's version of the game by clicking here!
Monday: July 6, 2009
- LucasArts teams up with Steam to release back-catalog of classic adventure games.
This series of launches continues LucasArts’ new mission to revitalize its deep portfolio of beloved gaming franchises.
- Daily Grind: Rested
Name: Vin (aka kevin)
How Vin feels today: Rested @ 9:40:00 AM
What Vin really wants today: To enjoy this nice laid-back feeling for as long as possible.
Music Stuck in Head: Nothing Too Tough / The Backyardigans
The in-car music of choice for the little ones. Multiple times. Every car ride.
Stuff to do today:
- Note that that the latest Pixar offering, UP, was quite enjoyable
- Note that the Disney 3D experience is not all that it's cracked up to be
- ...the effects were kind of neat but overall it kind of degraded the overall definition of the movie
- Stop being such a movie experience nerd
- Speaking of Disney, read up some more technical explanation regarding the monorail crash
- Wait patiently to see what LucasArts has in store today for this 'special announcement' they teased all weekend on Twitter
- My guess is still Grim Fandango
Friday: June 19, 2009
- Watch LucasArts play through some of the new Monkey Island game online today.
Broadcast begins at 3pm, not sure if it's EST or PST though.
Thursday: June 18, 2009
- LucasArts thinking about doing more adventure game remakes?
Updated versions of Grim Fandango and Full Throttle would be pretty cool.
Monday: October 30, 2006
Yes, I am a huge nerdy fan of the Monkey Island series. Thank god for Telltale Games.