Tuesday: November 29, 2011
- Snag an enjoyable Mario Kart clone on the Xbox 360 for just $15.
I played the demo of this a while back and really enjoyed it. To me it was mario kart with real cars. I never did buy the full version though. Seeing at $15 has peaked my interest again.
Thursday: August 11, 2011
- Nintendo shareholders would really like to see Mario on the iPhone, sooner than later.
It's an interesting time these days for video game consoles. That is of course, if you happen to be a company called Nintendo. Nintendo's latest handheld has been officially declared as a flop (even by Nintendo itself) and the price has been reduced not long after release. The caliber of games you can find on the iPhone and iPad do rival what you can find on a Nintendo handheld - and at a much cheaper cost ($40 compared to often times $1-2). It should be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Monday: July 18, 2011
- A step by step tutorial regarding how to build your very own 8-bit centerpieces.
I have decided that I am going to make like twenty of these things and strategically place them all over my property. Recent studies have shown that Piranha Plants, in addition to making any backyard or home garden more attractive, also make for thicker grass. Recent studies have also shown an alarming increase in the number of fabricated studies.
Thursday: July 7, 2011
- Enemies from Super Mario Brothers re-imagined with some frightening twists.
Always wondered what the enemies from Super Mario Brothers might look like in real life? Artist Mike Puncekar draws some of these awesome (though sometimes a bit creepy) illustrations for your viewing pleasure. Although the link above will point you over to Geekologie, you should have a look at his other amazing work detailed on his website.
Tuesday: May 11, 2010
- The recently announced Nintendo 3DS will have a 2D switch, just in case.
Details about Nintendo's 3D handheld gaming device have been scarce since it was announced in late March. But the company's president says it will have a feature that lets gamers turn off 3D functionality and play in standard 2D.
Monday: March 22, 2010
- Five games having something to do about health (in honor of health care reform).
I don't know about you but seeing all the news about health care reform this morning really makes me want to get my Dr. Mario on. So long red virus, so long blue virus!
Thursday: February 25, 2010
- Trailer for Super Mario Galaxy 2 from Nintendo's Media Summit available online.
I wasn't that big of a fan of the first Super Mario Galaxy to warrant running out and buying the sequel. This seriously looks like more of the same video game except for a couple of new gameplay mechanics (and the inclusion of Yoshi). Maybe this would've lent itself better as DLC content. Oh... right.
Tuesday: February 9, 2010
- Pirating an unreleased Nintendo game? That'll cost you a million and change.
'The legal proceeding resulted in a settlement in which the individual will pay to Nintendo the sum of 1.5 million (Australian) dollars by way of damages to compensate Nintendo for the loss of sales revenue caused by the individual's actions,' it said in a statement.
Wednesday: December 16, 2009
- A video game timeline for your viewing pleasure.
I am looking forward to ene day I will explaining to my children just how we played classic video games in my day. 'You mean you have to use your hands? That's like a baby's toy!'.
Tuesday: November 24, 2009
- Fifteen things that have happened since Mario's last 2D console game.
Take a stroll down memory lane with fifteen Mario events and happenings that have occured in the last twenty years or so. And yes, the Princess is still in another castle.
Monday: November 16, 2009
- Ars Technica reviews the New Super Mario Brothers game for the Nintendo Wii.
Their verdict? You should buy this game if you're a fan of the original exploits of Mario and Luigi as they romp through the Mushroom Kingdom. Ars calls it a 'magical experience' and they expect this be on the sales charts for a long time.
Wednesday: November 11, 2009
- Twenty-five of your favorite video games recreated as dioramas.
I would seriously purchase some of these just to have them on my desk at work. There is an untapped gaming diorama business that someone is missing out on right at this very moment. Hey, wait a minute...
Wednesday: October 28, 2009
- Ars Technica gets some hands-on time with New Super Mario Brothers Wii.
It's simple to pick up and play, meaning this is a game for Mario fans as well as their children. Or their wives and fathers. It's going to be hard to find a demographic that won't fall in love with this game, actually... notwithstanding cynical PC gamers.
Friday: October 2, 2009
- The truth behind ten great video game myths.
No, you really can't revive Aeris after Sephiroth takes her out in Final Fantasy VII.
Thursday: September 24, 2009
- New Super Mario Brothers game for the Wii to be available on November 15th.
Fresh off the heels of the Wii price cut, Nintendo would like you to know that classic Mario side-scrolling fun can be all yours this holiday season. Trailer is on source article after the click.